Out of province Sled Purchase

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I am buying a sled from BC and I live in Alberta. Seller has not registered sled in BC since it seems to be an uninforced law not having your sled plated. My question is what will the alberta registries want from me when I go to have it registered. Just prove of insurance and a bill of sale? Or since its from BC would I need anything else? I pick up the sled in 2-3 weeks and I dont want to return from BC and find out later I needed something from ICBC and have to drive back. Thanks for any info in advance. Cheers

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am buying a sled from BC and I live in Alberta. Seller has not registered sled in BC since it seems to be an uninforced law not having your sled plated. My question is what will the alberta registries want from me when I go to have it registered. Just prove of insurance and a bill of sale? Or since its from BC would I need anything else? I pick up the sled in 2-3 weeks and I dont want to return from BC and find out later I needed something from ICBC and have to drive back. Thanks for any info in advance. Cheers

the first sleds i bought came from new brunswick i had them insured prior to going to register them .. they wanted to see proof of insurance and bill of sale

just make sure you have the cops run the serial number make sure they arent hot

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had to show a bill of sale and insurance when i got my sled which was unregistered from Sask

also check the vin number at this site

Rodzilla

Reaction score
Not worried about it being hot,,,,sold by well known member here. But thanks though. Appreciate the input guys.

Top Bottom