Organize against snowmobile closures

dirtbikersledder

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the rash of snowmobile closures in areas all around B.C. This is only going to get worse unless as snowmobilers we organize. Companies who run heli-ski operations have been organized for years and are ultimatly are winning the battle. If we can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in these small B.C. towns (fuel, lodging, trail passes, food, entertainment) why can't we take some of that money and hire lawyers and lobbiests to protect our rights. We don't harm the enviroment or scare Cariboo like the heli-ski operators and tree huggers would like the public to believe. It's all bias lies to serve they're own selfserving needs. Don't believe the hype about environmental destuction that snowmobiles cause. We need to unite as one entity to fight these closures before it is to late, just look how far it has gotten in the time you've been snowmobiling (Jumbo, Forrester, Valemount, Blue River, Chetwynd) it effects us all, when will it end? It is our responsibility to fight the WAR ON FUN!!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the rash of snowmobile closures in areas all around B.C. This is only going to get worse unless as snowmobilers we organize. Companies who run heli-ski operations have been organized for years and are ultimatly are winning the battle. If we can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in these small B.C. towns (fuel, lodging, trail passes, food, entertainment) why can't we take some of that money and hire lawyers and lobbiests to protect our rights. We don't harm the enviroment or scare Cariboo like the heli-ski operators and tree huggers would like the public to believe. It's all bias lies to serve they're own selfserving needs. Don't believe the hype about environmental destuction that snowmobiles cause. We need to unite as one entity to fight these closures before it is to late, just look how far it has gotten in the time you've been snowmobiling (Jumbo, Forrester, Valemount, Blue River, Chetwynd) it effects us all, when will it end? It is our responsibility to fight the WAR ON FUN!!!!
That is a huge part of what the ASA (and I assume the BCSF) do. That is why it is critical that these organizations get our support. Join your local club and purchase a trail pass, Louise and the rest of the ASA executive have been working very hard for the past number of years to ensure the voice of snowmobilers is heard by the government. The more names on the membership list, the louder our voice is. A trail pass is equivalent to about 1.5 to 2 tanks of fuel in your sled.....Well worth it I'd say.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could'nt agree more, join the ASA or the BCSF and get involved!!!!! Brush up on your letter writing skills and write to your local political reps. Get your sledding buddies involved, there are alot of sleds that are registered in this province but only a fraction of those owners are involved in the ASA. One of these days we are going to be sitting in front of a big gate (on our sleds)with a sign on it saying "NO ENTRY" and alot of the sledders are going to be sitting there scratching their heads wondering what happened:confused: All sledders in this province should be be very concerned now that the new Land Access Management Plan is going to be revealed next month and also the Province has announced that there will be the formation of more parks and wild lands (and I don't have to say what that is going to mean!!). Personnaly I think the sledding and motorized users are going to be in for the fight of there life over the next few months over the right to ride and unfortunately only 20% of the riders will be doing 80% of the work to keep sledding areas open:( I will end this rant with a little story about some fellow sledders about 10 years ago when I told them I joined the ASA; They started laughing and could'nt believe that I had joined, I explained that I was concerned about losing riding areas and I felt that by joining the ASA it would help in the fight to protect your right to ride. Their response; We don't ride in Alberta we ride in B.C. Give me a break!!!! The sledders in B.C. are going through the same battle to protect their riding areas!!! Some people just don't get it:mad:

Britt

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are about three issues happening in the Province that could have a detrimental effect on where we ride. The Land Access Management Plan, The Grizzly Bear Recovry Plan and also the Province is thinking of creating or expanding existing Parks or Wildlands. My spidey sense tells me we could be for some more closures to existing riding areas:confused:

Billy Boy:cool:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its that nevermind attitude that will get us out of public land. ATV and their overuse on land will get them out fast and take snowmobiles with them. Is it fair? No but our Government bunches up activities and eliminate them all together. Motorized is one bunch of users. When was the last time you seen hiking banned from a area? Never. The ASA IS working on this but you still need to keep in contact with your MLA and ask for change in every issue. This will never go away team green never qiuts or even backs off till we are out of the public land and even the private land. Im depressed now time to go home and sit in front of my TV and do nothing:nono:

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
the "nevermind" was an edit of what i had originally written. i reread after i posted and it sounded a little negative towards sledders. being that this site is predominantly sled heads i figured i better edit it or be involved in a flame war for the next month. so that is the "nevermind". hope this answered any and all of your questions. if not too bad. lol.

Apex162

Reaction score
I think there will be bigger issue that will effect our recreational holidays. The price of fuel, Its a win win for tree huggers I quess. :(

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in how crap gets started go to and check out the letter to the editor. I will be responding to this letter as I feel that this person has lumped all sledders into one pile and I question a number of the issues that were brought up. They did not even get our website name right so I wonder what else is not true.
We in B.C. are also in the fight of our sled lives to retain many of our current areas of riding. Caribou closures are the biggest fight at this time and do take up alot of my time and energy. It feels at times that it is a battle that we will not win.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is very hard to overcome the negativity that comes from that letter to the editor or others like it. That is way it is imperative that the sledding community continue to promote the positive aspects of snowmobiling. I don't know how true some of the incidents are that are mentioned in the letter to the editor (somewhere in the middle lies the truth) all I can say if some of these incidents have been proven to happen then throw the legal book at the perpetraitor!! Also there is @#itheads on both side of the issue but I also noticed that the writer of the letter owned a alpine touring company; Could be a vested interest there????

Billy Boy:cool:

Apex162

Reaction score
That letter was the biggest bunch of fluff I ever have read. It is clear that his business is threatened and he will use every excuse to further his ploy. The problem is he has a argument that pleases the majority and there must be a balance-what is that balance.:rant:

Top Bottom