Organic Grocery Delivery

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have friends that use Spud and love it! She was saying that for their family of 4, they spend about $100 - $130/week for their veggies, fruits and specialty stuff like coconut milk, oil and other stuff. And they've seen their grocery bill actually go down because they are only buying what they need instead of doubling up on stuff to get extra Sobey's points or Airmiles...

I'm definitely going to give them a go...waiting to hear if they will deliver in rural areas surrounding Okotoks and if not, I may just be picking up my freshies from my girlfriend's house in town instead of the grocery store!!

The invoice/printout they send along with your delivery is super cool cuz they show the distance your food has traveled so for those that are really into eating locally, that is a definite bonus!!

BirdieO if you dont mind me saying but suggest your friends to drop the coconut milk out of their basket if it is not 100% organic. I am in the organic business and I owned a small plant in Thailand for organic milk and water (young coconut) and witnessed first hand what chemicals are used for conventional stuff. A lot of people figure coconut is healthy (which is true) but not for cultivated stuff. Must be 100% organic. Just my 2cents worth :)

BirdieO

Reaction score
BirdieO if you dont mind me saying but suggest your friends to drop the coconut milk out of their basket if it is not 100% organic. I am in the organic business and I owned a small plant in Thailand for organic milk and water (young coconut) and witnessed first hand what chemicals are used for conventional stuff. A lot of people figure coconut is healthy (which is true) but not for cultivated stuff. Must be 100% organic. Just my 2cents worth :)

Thanks eclipse!! It is most definitely 100% organic...no other way to go!!

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still need to go to the store for some things.
419510_318544791540632_269727649755680_941492_1672274244_n.jpg

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Plus you feel better eating at home then you do constantly eating out I feel anyways.

Talked to my renter and he said that the produce, aside from the celery he got, seems to last quite a while too. So even without the growth hormones or whatever they might put in our food now, it seems to hold up just fine!

I dont have a clue what they put in our food now but seriously whatever it is they need to stop! I have this awful habit of leaving apples in my gym bags for that post workout snack. Currently have one in my work closet at school..it has been there since the beginning of the year (gross i know) but has not even began to decompose!!!!!!!! WTF.

I would rather have pure organic at least then i know what im putting into me and my kids.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my wife called and told me the $65 top sirloin Roast I bought for my birthday party didn’t fair to well. Apparently when I set it on top of the hot water tank to open the freezer lid with my hands full of beer too, I forgot it......only been 4-5 days...how bad could it be?

LOL price u pay getting old!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an organic farmer down here where I live that sprays his crops with herbicides every year. He has been marketing his wheat to Italy and the US without any problems. When farmers complained to the Wheat board they said there was nothing they could do and the organic community had to police this themselves. Some things are not what they seem unfortunately.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an organic farmer down here where I live that sprays his crops with herbicides every year. He has been marketing his wheat to Italy and the US without any problems. When farmers complained to the Wheat board they said there was nothing they could do and the organic community had to police this themselves. Some things are not what they seem unfortunately.

I buy a lot of organic grains and I think I know who you are talking about. I heard he was more or less done (I hope) as this guy is a very poor excuse for an organic farmer. He has been sued several times and I could have too but hate dealing with lawyers etc etc so we simply spread the word around. By the way, most legitimate organic handlers, distributors and retailers do perform random testing including ourselves. not sure how he managed to stay in business this long.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a lot of organic grains and I think I know who you are talking about. I heard he was more or less done (I hope) as this guy is a very poor excuse for an organic farmer. He has been sued several times and I could have too but hate dealing with lawyers etc etc so we simply spread the word around. By the way, most legitimate organic handlers, distributors and retailers do perform random testing including ourselves. not sure how he managed to stay in business this long.

Let me know if you need any evidence. He is my neighbour. The beef is with him is he is buying up all the land around here for 3 times the going rate, stealing rented land from young farmers and changing the landscape of the community here. We just can't compete as he is not playing by the rules.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you need any evidence. He is my neighbour. The beef is with him is he is buying up all the land around here for 3 times the going rate, stealing rented land from young farmers and changing the landscape of the community here. We just can't compete as he is not playing by the rules.

Tks!!!!! Would love to recoop my $12000 grand for rocks in the spelt he sold me several years ago before we found out about his organic practices. Real POS! As mentioned on my previous post, I heard from two separate sources this week that he only has about 6 weeks before he goes bankrupt. One of my customers won a multi millions dollar suit against him. So, make sure the locals dont let him charge anything!! Always remember the bigger you are the harder you fall so lets hope this is the case.

Top Bottom