Organic Grocery Delivery

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

backseatrider

Reaction score
I am thinking of giving this a whirl. I saw the delivery truck last week when I was walking home from work.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not a lady, but I do love to cook!!! LOL

Thanks Rowdy! I hope this business makes its way into the Edmonton market. We will be customers for sure!

I can't wait for the Farmer's Market to open for nice fresh veggies :p

I believe they are in edmonton actually! Check their website as I can't be sure.

Hey Rowdy, you single?

haha yes I am.

I am thinking of giving this a whirl. I saw the delivery truck last week when I was walking home from work.

If you try it before I get a chance write up a review and let everyone know what you think! I'm excited to try it!

BirdieO

Reaction score
I have friends that use Spud and love it! She was saying that for their family of 4, they spend about $100 - $130/week for their veggies, fruits and specialty stuff like coconut milk, oil and other stuff. And they've seen their grocery bill actually go down because they are only buying what they need instead of doubling up on stuff to get extra Sobey's points or Airmiles...

I'm definitely going to give them a go...waiting to hear if they will deliver in rural areas surrounding Okotoks and if not, I may just be picking up my freshies from my girlfriend's house in town instead of the grocery store!!

The invoice/printout they send along with your delivery is super cool cuz they show the distance your food has traveled so for those that are really into eating locally, that is a definite bonus!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have friends that use Spud and love it! She was saying that for their family of 4, they spend about $100 - $130/week for their veggies, fruits and specialty stuff like coconut milk, oil and other stuff. And they've seen their grocery bill actually go down because they are only buying what they need instead of doubling up on stuff to get extra Sobey's points or Airmiles...

I'm definitely going to give them a go...waiting to hear if they will deliver in rural areas surrounding Okotoks and if not, I may just be picking up my freshies from my girlfriend's house in town instead of the grocery store!!

The invoice/printout they send along with your delivery is super cool cuz they show the distance your food has traveled so for those that are really into eating locally, that is a definite bonus!!
Holy crap that's a lot of fruit and veggies and stuff. Are they rabbits or something?

BirdieO

Reaction score
No...they lead a healthy lifestyle and eat clean. $100/week isn't really that much for 4 people

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No...they lead a healthy lifestyle and eat clean. $100/week isn't really that much for 4 people

Agreed, I eat pretty healthy and buy a lot of fruits and veggies and fresh meat when I go grocery shopping each week, probably the bulk of the groceries anyway is meat, fruit and vegetables and my grocery bill for 2 people is anywhere between $120-160/week.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I eat pretty healthy and buy a lot of fruits and veggies and fresh meat when I go grocery shopping each week, probably the bulk of the groceries anyway is meat, fruit and vegetables and my grocery bill for 2 people is anywhere between $120-160/week.
I can see it with meat, but I don't think she was including meat?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Probably not, but I only buy approximately between $30-50 worth of meat a week, sometimes more somtimes less depending on what I need, but regardless I'm still paying way more for my fruits, veggies etc for two people a week then what she's saying they get for 4 people, $100/week for fresh, organic fruits and vegetables to feed 4 people seems pretty darn good, if I include just my fruits and vegetables I probably pay approximately anywhere between $60-80/week for 2 people, its expensive to eat healthy, and we eat a lot of fruits and vegetables - usually included in every meal throughout the day. This Spud Delivery sounds like a pretty good deal, I would consider them as well if they are in Edmonton area.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of an order I received yesterday.

photo(5).JPG

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not, but I only buy approximately between $30-50 worth of meat a week, sometimes more somtimes less depending on what I need, but regardless I'm still paying way more for my fruits, veggies etc for two people a week then what she's saying they get for 4 people, $100/week for fresh, organic fruits and vegetables to feed 4 people seems pretty darn good, if I include just my fruits and vegetables I probably pay approximately anywhere between $60-80/week for 2 people, its expensive to eat healthy, and we eat a lot of fruits and vegetables - usually included in every meal throughout the day. This Spud Delivery sounds like a pretty good deal, I would consider them as well if they are in Edmonton area.
That's weird meat is the biggest part of my bill. Vegetables are overrated :d

BirdieO

Reaction score

Doesn't include meat...fruits, veggies, nuts...and any extra stuff like coconut milk, coconut oil etc...it may seem like more money to eat clean and healthy but if you add up your receipts after a week of eating out or buying prepackaged crap, it won't seem expensive anymore:)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't include meat...fruits, veggies, nuts...and any extra stuff like coconut milk, coconut oil etc...it may seem like more money to eat clean and healthy but if you add up your receipts after a week of eating out or buying prepackaged crap, it won't seem expensive anymore:)

Plus you feel better eating at home then you do constantly eating out I feel anyways.

Talked to my renter and he said that the produce, aside from the celery he got, seems to last quite a while too. So even without the growth hormones or whatever they might put in our food now, it seems to hold up just fine!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's weird meat is the biggest part of my bill. Vegetables are overrated :d

Meat in general sometimes is the biggest part, when i'm including the meat I buy for my dogs lol, but I was excluding whatever raw meat I buy for my dogs at the grocery store lol. I feed my dogs raw stuff like turkey wings, thighs, drumsticks, chickens, cornish hens, cheap cuts of beef, pork, organs, fish, etc and that certainly adds up when I include whatever I buy for them.. but for the two of us, on a weekly basis I usually buy 2 steaks for $16, 4 chicken breasts $10, 4 pork chops $10..and that's about it, sometimes I buy other stuff like ground beef, chicken thighs, and stirfry meat but I think my meat bill for the the two humans in my house never exceeds $50/week. With the dogs meat, probably closer to $80 ;)

Top Bottom