Optimizer settings

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an HMF pipe and the optimizer on there BF 750 EFI and if so what settings are you running. First time poster long time looker. Thanks

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f39/www.hmfengineering.com

Bottom right of page shows jetting...
They claim 2.5 - 3.5 - 4.. but I adjust for the ride conditions. Leaner gives quicker response..fatter, better top end..obviously you don't want to over-do it and cause any engine damage!!!...:nono:

2.5- is idle to 1/4 throttle(mode 1)...3.5- is half throttle(mode 2)...4- is 3/4 to full throttle(mode 3). Lights should adjust with throttle position in run mode.

The setting they give work well enough to leave alone!!...:cool:
Hope that helps..site has traing video for easier understanding!!

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Hey
Thanks for the reply. I played around with it a bit and found the stock setting to work the best. How many miles do have on yours and have you had any troubles?:beer:

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bout 750km on er so far! No real issues other than CV boots and front and rear seals from drive shafts into transmission! Sometimes the start button fails to work, but they won't fix it cause it works every time I take it in....hmmmm....probably moisture in the wiring somewhere?? Kicking my a$$ for only going 26" mudlights...but probably the reason why I haven't twisted the axles off it yet!!..:d

Want to upgrade to 28" mudzillas next year, and put the mud lights on wife's machine.

Any issues so far with yours??

CHEERS!!!

Black08Brute

Reaction score
I've been real happy with mine so far. I have about 1100 km on her and about 900 have been very hard. The only issue I had was a bit of an antifreeze leak but it turned out to be a loose screw. Happy riding

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of shots....her first day home from the crate!! LOL!!

Note the grab bar I built for my boyz! Gives em confidence when slamming through the rough skeg holes!....:cool:

CHEERS!!!
& Happy Trails!!!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5496-net.jpg
    IMG_5496-net.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 55

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Damn that looks just about identical (sp) to mine. Thats a great idea for the grab bar. I'll have to do that soon enough as well.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks just about identical (sp) to mine. Thats a great idea for the grab bar. I'll have to do that soon enough as well.

Bout 30"- 1/2 " aluminum electrical conduit, 2- 1/2 pull 90's, 2- 1/2 close nipples, 2- 1/2" aluminum couplings, and a set of truck box tie down hoops that go into the holes in the top of your truck box, (princess auto)! Rest can be purchased at an electrical wholesaler, or perhaps home depot! Ask an electrician, if you know one....;)...! Drill out plastic rivets on the inside of beer-box..(seat) and install the box tie downs, rest just threads together, assuming you cut the pipe to the right length. Easy removal by unthreading couplings thru tie-down hoops, for one-up riding!

CHEERS!!!

Top Bottom