opinions pls

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never owned a UTV before and dont think I want to go by new at this time as I am not sure my wife will enjoy the sport. We have a quad and she doesnt show much interest. Anyway, I found these two sxs and leaning on the ranger as it has a plough that I can use for the office driveway. I am not into mud bogging anymore (been their did that when I was younger). Anyway, this ranger only has 515 hrs on it.

The second one is a Teryx and I like the looks of it much better than the ranger. If a guy can add some bling to the ranger I would prefer that.

let me know your thoughts.

Tks - Dennis

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a Ranger yrs ago, 05 model. I am sure they've improve some since. They ride EXTREMELY smooth, IMO smoother then the RZR or the Sportsman i had but like most Polaris product, you need to pay attention to the water proofing of these units. My Ranger tranny failed because of water contamination. Since then it has been priority on my Poo offroaders, the ranger was modified and my sportman was modified and now my RZR has been modified...(made water tight).

Depending on application i wouldn't hesitate on getting another but for now the RZR was my choice for application.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few acreage owners who use the Polaris ranger to plow snow, and haul items around the average.
Them seem happy with the ranger.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would thnik if you have more than 2 in your family, the P Ranger would be a better choice, Bench Seat for 3, much easyer to get in and out of. I have a 2007 P Ranger 6X6, tracked all round for Winter,,and rubber all round for summer.

Bruce.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ranger is a high maintenance unit compared to the teryx. But the teryx is loud and annoying to drive and would stay home before driving one again

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had a few Rangers...they're great for work and play. They ride nice, and are easy to climb in and out of. We ended up selling the Ranger and quad, and went with two rzr's, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. The only problem with the older units is the looks...dressing them up is sorta like putting lipstick on a pig.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 239

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into the 900 ranger xp, lots of power, rides nice, big box for lots of storage, you can sit three in front. Great work machine, i like the power steering, my little woman likes riding in it, wouldn 't ride the quad.

Not sure how many used yet, buck lake bob did have one, a browning model

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from Four Seasons Motors sports in Vernon and picked up a 2011 800 Ranger. Dont like the colour but I will figure something out. Will change the wheels too. They are putting a 1/2 windshield and a new 4500 winch on it and will pick up tomorrow. It was priced right!

ranger.JPG

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrat on your new Ranger, it looks good i remember seeing it there. I also bought my RZR from Four seasons.
I am heading to Hunters range on Saturday, going for an overnighter at Kanaka lake do a little fishing at the same time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool, have fun, lots of stuff for the unit to get it to were you want it.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tks. I went there just to see what they had available as I was looking to buy private. The sales guy (Stan??) was helpful and and after some back and forth negotiating we agreed on a price. Was close to buying a new one but thought this will been a great way to see if it will fit in our lifestyle without dishing out crap loads of money.
Have fun at Hunters! We have plans already to camp on the Shuswap and do some boating. So, will not be able to try it out until next weekend. It will give me some time to think what changes I want to make especially the hideous green colour!

Congrat on your new Ranger, it looks good i remember seeing it there. I also bought my RZR from Four seasons.
I am heading to Hunters range on Saturday, going for an overnighter at Kanaka lake do a little fishing at the same time.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks! Yeah I have already been doing some internet searching for various goodies :). I want to get rid of the green colour so going to see how hard it will be to take the panels off and get them painted. Also need some better rims!

cool, have fun, lots of stuff for the unit to get it to were you want it.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask how much you paid? I have a super low hour 2011. Just curious what its worth.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem. They were asking $9,900 but he said they have some good room to move if I was serious. At the end of the day I paid $9,100 including them installing a new winch and 1/2 windshield which was worth approx $700.00

Can I ask how much you paid? I have a super low hour 2011. Just curious what its worth.

Top Bottom