Opinions needed for turbo purchase - M1000

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear honest opinions from those who have turbo kits on their M1000's. I am looking for a PUMP gas kit, and would like to keep my oil injection. I am also looking for the most complete kit - not interested in putting it together and then finding out I needed to buy this and that after the fact. So, for those of you running PG kits, what did you like / dislike about your purchase? Did you install and tune it yourself? I am a licenced wrench, so install isn't an issue, but if no one makes a kit that can be installed without $3000 extra for tuning, I'm not interested. Vendors are also welcome to comment. Thanks in advance.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up attitude industries, call derick. Have a kit for my pro and it fit so good. Cheaper then most as well. Even if you arent convinced, do your research first.

killerrf

Reaction score
i was looking at maybe in the near future getting a twisted turbo kit. have to send head and cylinders in for machining and porting.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Cutler on my M8 and it has been flawless since i bought it last year. It was very easy to tune and i have not adjusted or tuned anything on it since i first got it. It makes awsome hp,very good on fuel and you still have your oil inj. The fit is very nice like its supposed to be in there.It is truly a pull and go sled.

snobyrd

Reaction score
Ovs..... Support is very good, very sleek design,their air box is a good desgine, they use big turbos, big charge tubes. These guys are the grandfathers of turbo kits. Talk to Travis or gar and they will set you up.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Twisted kits do not retain oil injection, and OVS isn't a consideration due to the ear bleeder side exhaust. I know the M8 takes to turbocharging very well, partly due to the fact of the factory det sensor, which the M1000 doesn't have. By definition of "pump gas" - I mean just that - no race fuel or 100LL aviation fuel. The sled is never ridden locally. I've spoken to two reputable builders and get conflicting opinions, and both setups that are considered "pump" by them are 10 lbs boost, which requires straight av gas. I am curious if ANYONE has built a low boost, pump gas M1000, and if so, I'd like to hear your input. Thanks.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Twisted kits do not retain oil injection, and OVS isn't a consideration due to the ear bleeder side exhaust. I know the M8 takes to turbocharging very well, partly due to the fact of the factory det sensor, which the M1000 doesn't have. By definition of "pump gas" - I mean just that - no race fuel or 100LL aviation fuel. The sled is never ridden locally. I've spoken to two reputable builders and get conflicting opinions, and both setups that are considered "pump" by them are 10 lbs boost, which requires straight av gas. I am curious if ANYONE has built a low boost, pump gas M1000, and if so, I'd like to hear your input. Thanks.
I understand your situation, sounds like you need to talk to Brent! Don't limit yourself from the beginning, buy the RG kit from the start, then just run it at the desired boost/fuel you'd like! Your correct when you say the m8 is easier to tune for with the det sensing, if your looking for an easy riding, well running kit that you don't need to be constantly playing with, your M1 may not be the best choice. Either way, you'd be better off doing the motor work properly(port timing, comp ratio)! Call Brent at Arctic Edge he'll steer you straight!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with MP kid. I run a RG M1000 done by Brent and it seems to work awesome! That being said the type of riding you do can influence your choice to turbo greatly. If you like to ride trees and are on off the throttle lots maybe you should look into a port job and a set of pipes still builds 200 HP and you can keep the oil injection but have to run "non pump" fuel. When it comes to my turbo in the trees its really a challenge, it has a 3071 garret turbo which is huge and with the intercooler and all that jazz the lag is hard to time for me still. If you truely want a "pump" kit for you 1000 I would suggest a smaller turbo with no intercooler and I am pretty sure Brent will have a good idea where to start!

Reactions: oly

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Just got mine back fron Brent @ Arctic Edge and couldn't be happier so far with my full port Twisted Kit.
Rode Golden the past 2 days and all I can say is awesome, awesome, awesome. Sled ran very well for the first time out.
I too would not waste my time or money on a pump gas set-up, might as well port and polish or go with a big bore set-up.
Once you have had boost - I really dont think you would ever go back to N/A. Just my :twocents:

Last edited:
Top Bottom