Operation White Out was a success

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 same thing with a 4" carli backcountry kit. With same flares and flaps and am currently running 37" toyos. They work well very minimal rubbing had to trim stainless on flap about 1/2" or so.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really digging the mud flaps. Good coverage and I like the look.

How's the Carli ride?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I would get the front end 3M'd sooner than later. I did that to my '11 F150 as soon as I took it off the lot back in the summer of '10. I had them do EVERYTHING on the front end and side mirrors and it still looks like a new truck today, maybe 5 or 6 places where the 3m has been cut by rocks, but the paint is still there. Spendy, but so worth it it my opinion.
I really like how your truck looks, nice paint job.

Sent from my iPad

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good advice! She's booked in at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Bumper, grill and mirrors. Great minds think alike. Lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how much did the paint run? What do they charge for the 3m? I woundnt mind getting my new truck done. I hate chrome.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really digging the mud flaps. Good coverage and I like the look.

How's the Carli ride?

Carli rides like a caddy my brother has the same truck except a 2011 with a BDS lift and 35", he drove mine the other day and could not believe the difference, but I see you have fox shocks so that makes a huge difference. People underestimate the difference a top rate shock makes.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carli rides like a caddy my brother has the same truck except a 2011 with a BDS lift and 35", he drove mine the other day and could not believe the difference, but I see you have fox shocks so that makes a huge difference. People underestimate the difference a top rate shock makes.

Plus the springs that Carli use are a huge improvement .
Also agree on shocks. Have Fox on 2012 duramax with 4 inch Rancho and worth it.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how much did the paint run? What do they charge for the 3m? I woundnt mind getting my new truck done. I hate chrome.

The paint work was $1000. I pulled everything apart and threw it back together.

As for the 3M, it's ridiculously pricey. $450 at Coolshades. I'm almost wondering if I can pick some up myself and do it. Just not sure where to buy the stuff.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really happy with the 4 link BDS. Can still drive the highway holding the wheel with two fingers. Not bad for 13.5" wide rubber. I never did drive it with the BDS supplied shocks so I can't comment on an improvement with the Fox shocks.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would leave the 3m stuff tot he pros.

Truck looks fantastic. Since you painted over the chrome, did they have to etch or do anything to the chrome? It probably won't rust like all the factory painted ones do anyways..

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, would probably be a hack job. Lol

I'm not sure how they got rid of the chrome on the parts to be honest.

Top Bottom