open vent holes on hood . Best way to cover them for a cat

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I am looking for help on what to use to cover my vent holes on my hood. Wire mesh would work but can you get that black fabric the after market vents are made of ? any help would be helpful :beer::beer:

rgashkei

Reaction score
I just did mine. Got a roll of black steel mesh from Home Depot, cut this to size and hot glued them on the inside. Seems to be holding up pretty good and looks nice.
One tip when using the hot glue. I had a torch set up and heated a small chisel to spread the glue around and make it look nicer.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which Cat are you wanting to vent, M chassis or Proclimb? If it's a Proclimb there's a company in Calgary that makes good vents and the price is very reasonable. I put them on my 2013 800 last year and they've worked very well. Their website is gillvent.com, they make vents for the M chassis as well. The website is being reworked so the best is to contact them and Scott will send pics or answer questions. I liked the quality and price so I'm ordering a set for my wife's 2012 800 as well.

sparky25000

Reaction score
I put frog skinz on my '11 summit last year before I went to the hills. We had deadly pow and no snow got in. They are reasonably priced and easy to install. Another option is xtreme vents. They are expensive but pretty sweet. I just installed 6 vents on my sled last night. Its a lot of work to install these vents and you have to cut some plastic. The rivet on. This is a good choice for long term, permanent installations. Check them out online. Frog skinz and xtreme vents carry for most makes and models.

Last edited:

SledHead RMK

Reaction score
Thanks for all the Hints and Tips . Yes M chassis Searching all the info you guys gave me and contacted International to see If the Had anything and I am better off ordering it myself lol

Top Bottom