Online ATV Training Course???

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of one? I haven't spent a ton of time looking, but, aside from online enrollment, I can't seem to find a whole bunch. I have to be "certified" to drive my RZR on site, but I'll be fawked if I'm going to take a day off, run to the city, and pay some guy to teach me how to do something I've been doing all my life. All I need is the certificate, not the training, as is the case with most online courses.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suspect you're out of luck dude. There's a good chance you are specifically required to produce a certificate from the Canadian Safety Council or the Alberta Safety Council. If I had a choice, I'd go through the Canadian Safety Council since they do not expire their certificates (which doesn't necessarily mean that your client/employer may not force you to retake it every 3-5 years anyway).

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody know of one? I haven't spent a ton of time looking, but, aside from online enrollment, I can't seem to find a whole bunch. I have to be "certified" to drive my RZR on site, but I'll be fawked if I'm going to take a day off, run to the city, and pay some guy to teach me how to do something I've been doing all my life. All I need is the certificate, not the training, as is the case with most online courses.

never seen an online one Todd,

I had to take the course when I was sureying too, there again, something I had been doing for most my life and I have to take a course...... OH&S Says you have to have it, so you have to have it.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never seen an online one Todd, maybe message WhoDeanie, he's a certified instructor and might be able to swing something for ya.

I had to take the course when I was sureying too, there again, something I had been doing for most my life and I have to take a course...... OH&S Says you have to have it, so you have to have it.

I'd help you out if I could, but I'm not certified for UTV training - only quads.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it really a seperate certification? jeeeebus!

we'll talk tonight!

Yup, it is. As big of a pain as it is, it's perfectly understandable since riding technique is significantly different for UTV's and quads. Fortunately for instructors, once you have one certification, it is significantly easier and cheaper to get the other.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, you'd be suprised, anyway it is required in safety rules and regs for all working environments. no ticky no worky, heaven forbid if ya get hurt on the job without the ticket,

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know that there is Hidden Trail Adventures in the wiaprorous/ghost area down here by Calgary. They do atv tours but also do certification for quads.. not sure on sxs's thou... but still, they dont have anything on the net to get your certification..

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, it looks like I'm SOL. I guess I'll be taking a course.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd help you out if I could, but I'm not certified for UTV training - only quads.

According to the boys in Operations, it doesn't matter, as long as you're able to produce something that says you've have ATV training. I'll shoot ya a pm.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the course 2 years ago, my guys needed it so thought I would partake, held it at my place. If you have been riding a while and had the instructer I had you will shake your head in disgust.
With a good instructor it would have been an enjoyable day. Also Great for individuals who have never rode a ATV before.
As far as operations saying they dont need a specific SXS certificate and can use an ATV one for the razor, this is either a small junior company rep or they are not in tune with thier EH&S departments policies. When an incident happens it all comes out in the audit unfortunately that he/she was not competent. (not saying the certificate makes you compentent in any way)

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next tv video tuck n roll 101, will be required viewing at all suds n buds riding events and a test afterwards. Only warm beer for those that can't pass the test. Hehe. Phugg my hip is friggin sore

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the course 2 years ago, my guys needed it so thought I would partake, held it at my place. If you have been riding a while and had the instructer I had you will shake your head in disgust.
With a good instructor it would have been an enjoyable day. Also Great for individuals who have never rode a ATV before.
As far as operations saying they dont need a specific SXS certificate and can use an ATV one for the razor, this is either a small junior company rep or they are not in tune with thier EH&S departments policies. When an incident happens it all comes out in the audit unfortunately that he/she was not competent. (not saying the certificate makes you compentent in any way)

See, that's my thoughts exactly. I usually don't make it home for more than 2 or 3 days a month...I hate the thoughts of spending one of those days away from my kids to listen to some guy who knows less than I do. I took my boating course online, figured they should have something for atv's and/or sxs's. I was actually talking to one of the Operations Coordinators here on site about it...but I'll do a little more digging to cover my own ass....gotta lead by example I guess.

Top Bottom