4-place enclosed drive on, drive off trailer as 1st prize
heritage park starting point (same as last year, just north of onion lake
More details to follow

tdc6

Reaction score
atv poster 2014jpg.jpg

giver85

Reaction score
Is this rally capable on a 2wd ? How about a stock wild cat? I have never been to this rally, any info helpfull.

jmc450r

Reaction score
Right on. Plan on being there if I can get a trailer to haul 2 sxs and a quad up

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

arctic cat m8

Reaction score
Its a spring rally , meaning mud and water , so i wouldnt say a 2wd be good choice to bring they usually dont do so well, a stock wildcat may or may not make it either, i havent been on this rally be first year for me , but my bufdys have and they say first half is hardest, after half way she gets easier opens up to good trails and roads, theres few little videos of last years and previous year onion lake rallys on you tube , you can check out to get a idea,

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

arctic cat m8

Reaction score
Like to see people come out but also like to see em have fun, and i just dont thing youd have fun with a 2wd and stock wildcat, does say there are ways around the bad spots , on the poster, but i seen that before and some times the go around trails need go aroundtrails lol

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you bring a 2wd our gonna have a bad time. Stock wildcat may be ok, but your gonna want to take the go arounds when possible.

Y2DJ

Reaction score
Drive to Lloydminster and head north on highway 17.(turn left at the border markers) This takes you straight to onion lake. Its like a 40-45 minute drive north of Lloyd. They usually have signs out when you get to onion lake. Its just a few kms north of onion lake. They usually have an awesome rally.

jamoanlee

Reaction score
One big water hole was a gongshow! Between 10-20 quads sunk within the hour I was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now we just need to see some pics!! Missed out this yr working today.
No worries Mark we will ride this area this summer anyways. Did you decide if you are going to join us on the pierceland rally? Maiden voyage for the 900.

Reaction score
Right on. Plan on being there if I can get a trailer to haul 2 sxs and a quad up

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Hey buddy, I bought a stronghaul trailer from out your way, delivered an for a reasonable price. have hauled a grand Cherokee to all my quads with it and I love it, others have commented on it as well. Take a look, go aluminum, you get your money back in many ways. why pull the weight of a trailer when ya wanna pull the weight of your machines. Personally tested, loaded, to 180 kms/hr. Its a Champ.

Reaction score
Onion Lake Rally was Awesome and I believe was passable with any machine. I saw old Honda trikes and stock Honda atvs on the trail and the cut arounds could have been marked better. But with exception to the first hard way crossing, my stock Honda Foreman 500 on 27" zillas went every where my Can Ams went. Maybe not in the same tracks but the hard way non the less. The Rally was Awesome and there is no other word for it, always worth the drive. 5 times the Walburg Rally, atleast this year. Challenges for all rider base, and the bridge crossing at the deep creek was an excellent upgrade, those freakin 3bys were a death trap and a quad killer. But, I am Happy and Proud to say I used neither. Thinking back to last yrs water levels I new it was deep but while I was over thinking it, my buddy on his non snorked renegade on 28 mudlites plunged tits deep and there was silence. Made 'er half way across and started kicking his feet. So that's that, in I went right down the middle, tipped recovered and kept my line. It was Awesome. Hats Off to the Onion Lake Trail Warriors, Nice Trail.
Maybe green isn't the best color for a tree marker and should have been a big sign marking the cut around coming up to the 8.31.55 rd. That is a deep and unforgiving hole for anything that don't float. I highly recommend Onion Lake, it was a Marathon but worth every dripping second.

Top Bottom