Once you've had MAC you won't go back!!!

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apple.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok all you Mac guys you have convinced me to change teams. Is the photo "Aperture 3" and video "Final Cut Express 4" worth the $200 each or is there better Mac software for these applications

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm yeah i think he has it backwards good puter...crappy phone

My opinion of mac is purely based off their phone and I wouldn't be happy with the computer if it was a good as the phone. Haven't used a mac made in the last 5 years but the old ones were far from impressive.

But a big reason I won't try a mac is I would still need to run windows to game, so why the heck would I buy a mac? I can understand mac for video editing, graphics, all that BS but most common users and gamers, no way. Mac's performance gaming is downright laughable. And they lack the customization.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion of mac is purely based off their phone and I wouldn't be happy with the computer if it was a good as the phone. Haven't used a mac made in the last 5 years but the old ones were far from impressive.

But a big reason I won't try a mac is I would still need to run windows to game, so why the heck would I buy a mac? I can understand mac for video editing, graphics, all that BS but most common users and gamers, no way. Mac's performance gaming is downright laughable. And they lack the customization.

I have several i phones in our family and could'nt be happier!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Its called Parallels, Run them both together.

And even at that with parallels 6 you can run them Both in Coherence with one another! Meaning you dont need Windows open in another window. It actually runs in the MAC Desktop and you can run anything you want from the Windows partition or mac partition. In any Windows or Mac program you choose!

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

Ya your right...they suck...your much better off sticking to a PC :rolleyes:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you any good with Torrents? :cool:

Haha Good show! piratebay.org

Id recoment Apperture if your not a photoshop master,however Photoshop Elements is very easy to use.

Id reccoment Final Cut pro or just use Imovie.

jigger

Reaction score
Slow Mac. Try this. Clean up the desktop. Put all stuff in folders then into hard drive. Go to Applications> Utilities> Disk utility. Click on Mac HD or whatever you've named your computer. Click on repair disk permissions. Do this every couple of weeks. Linux/Unix systems require little maintenance, but this is one of them.

Thanks for the tip. I've been using Iantivirus for a couple of months recommended from a MAC magazine I read at Chapters once.

Ok all you Mac guys you have convinced me to change teams. Is the photo "Aperture 3" and video "Final Cut Express 4" worth the $200 each or is there better Mac software for these applications

I bought Aperture 2 when I first bought my Mac and have not really used it. I should have went with more RAM memory instead. The stock Mac products Iphoto, Imovie work really well unless you want professional style editing abilities.

Been using my MAC for the last 2 years and love it, hate using the PC's at work. Looking at buying a Mac Pro laptop. I've downed flip4mac convets windows video to be able to read on quicktime.
Flip4Mac WMV for Mac - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is the photo nut, she uses picasa right now. As for the video stuff we have not done any of it but we would like to with the little guy getting bigger by the day!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife is the photo nut, she uses picasa right now. As for the video stuff we have not done any of it but we would like to with the little guy getting bigger by the day!

I wouldnt worry about it, Just get a Mac and use the Iphoto program id say its equal to Picasa. If the time comes for more editing you can always get Photoshop elements which is very user friendly version of Photoshop.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got tired of my PC issues, got a Macbook Pro. What is the best way to transfer pictures from my HP Pavilion DV8 to the new Mac?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 2TB time capsule with it. So just plug the HP in, drag files across, then go in with the mac and pull them into iphoto? No issues going from PC to Mac with photos?

Never had anything worth saving before when I upgraded in the past, so I have zero experience with this...

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 2TB time capsule with it. So just plug the HP in, drag files across, then go in with the mac and pull them into iphoto? No issues going from PC to Mac with photos?

Never had anything worth saving before when I upgraded in the past, so I have zero experience with this...

Exactly how to do it. You'll be happy with your Mac.

Top Bottom