Older Garmin ETREX Legend update

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older eTrex legend gps and am wondering if there is any way to get maps of oil cutlines and stuff from northern alberta? i have the cable to connect it to the computer and am wondering what to do.:eek:

tredeb

Reaction score
I have an older eTrex legend gps and am wondering if there is any way to get maps of oil cutlines and stuff from northern alberta? i have the cable to connect it to the computer and am wondering what to do.:eek:

There is a software called bushmaps. It has all the info you are looking for. However, I am not sure if you can break the install into smaller portions to fit in a legend. I too have a legend and I use the canada topo software, but you are able to select which mapsheets you install. If I remember correctly, it holds about 8 or 10 mapsheets.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also Mapsource shows some survey cutlines, etc.

You didnt' hear this from me, but you can download it instead of buy it.

Use your cord and the program included with Mapquest to upload to your Legend. It has 8megs of storage which is not terribly huge, but can cover quite a bit of land.

I have the same GPS. Hate it because it doesn't have a USB cable and I have to keep my old computer around because it's still serial based. Looking to upgrade soon.

tredeb

Reaction score
Also Mapsource shows some survey cutlines, etc.

You didnt' hear this from me, but you can download it instead of buy it.

Use your cord and the program included with Mapquest to upload to your Legend. It has 8megs of storage which is not terribly huge, but can cover quite a bit of land.

I have the same GPS. Hate it because it doesn't have a USB cable and I have to keep my old computer around because it's still serial based. Looking to upgrade soon.
or buy one of these:

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... but be aware - those cables may not be good for use on 64 bit Vista.
I bought one off Ebay. Didn't work - looked online as to why it didn't work - old stock was basically the answer. Do some reviews before you buy it.

i still use my old computer as well.

Top Bottom