Old Polaris Twin Pipes Question

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Would anybody happen to know if a set of 99(non-ves) twin pipes will fit on my wedge chassis without too much trouble...also, jetting changes? thanxs

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about fueling, but it can be done. You will have to cut holes in your hood though. A buddy did it on a 700 in a wedge. He had the hood notched out in the vents pretty good.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 99 rmk is a wedge chassis,just different hood and belly pan.the 99 has a painted steel tunnel,2000 has aluminum one.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two sets of twin pipes from slp that fit the wedge. One set is the slp big bore and the other thier stock set. Willing to sell give me an offer.:d

hippiekiller

Reaction score
Where do those pipes make the biggest difference...I'm trying to boost up my bottom end....

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do those pipes make the biggest difference...I'm trying to boost up my bottom end....

They will increse rpm's a little. It's been a long time since i had they old 98 and I trying to remember. I know they will increse over all performance but if you are looking for reel good jump on the bottem end you will need to reclutch. I had a 56/34 helix ( I think). I you pull your helix it will have a number on it if its stock it will be a single number such as 34. The 56/34 iswat they call progressive angles which will allow the clutch to slip down the steep angle (56) first giving you hole shot than gradually going into the stock angle of 34. These helixs arn't that pricey and they can really wake up the bottom end. having said that the pipes go hand and hand with performance upgrades. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, Been away.

Top Bottom