Ok does anyone have a 2012 Cat that is running good?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls i am wondering if anyone out there has a new a new cat with some seat time and miles on it without a problems? I keep hearing all the bad things but there has to be some good ones out there?
I herd that some of the early builds had some oil pump setting issues and they were running to lean and this was found durning PDI.
I havent rode mine yet and was hoping to hear some positive stuff on them.

This inst a bashing thread so please dont I want to hear or see if there is any positves out there.

Thanks

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 M8 snopro with 14km on it, running awesome, when I got it I checked it over myself because I'm a mechanic it just something I do. Found a lot of air bubbles in the oil lines which is not unexpected, just ran sled at idle-2500rpm until I could see only oil in the lines at the throttle bodies. And running first tank of fuel with 100:1 mixture. Talked to my dealer and asked them what they have heard about the blow up and they showed me a bulletin from cat that there may be assembly debris in the air box that can get sucked in and cause the seizure, so I think pull your hood off and take a look for debris, by the throttle bodies just to be safe. If ur so concerned otherwise get out and ride.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 M8 snopro with 14km on it, running awesome, when I got it I checked it over myself because I'm a mechanic it just something I do. Found a lot of air bubbles in the oil lines which is not unexpected, just ran sled at idle-2500rpm until I could see only oil in the lines at the throttle bodies. And running first tank of fuel with 100:1 mixture. Talked to my dealer and asked them what they have heard about the blow up and they showed me a bulletin from cat that there may be assembly debris in the air box that can get sucked in and cause the seizure, so I think pull your hood off and take a look for debris, by the throttle bodies just to be safe. If ur so concerned otherwise get out and ride.

Thanks for the info I am gonna check that out, It is my back up sled so i havent had the chance to ride it yet.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am gonna check that out, It is my back up sled so i havent had the chance to ride it yet.
. Hmmmm, Darren you must not think much of your Polaris if you bought a backup sled.....lol..... Just joking bud, can't wait to see it. I shouldn't be saying much mine isn't even ready....lol.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has been out for 2 rides now on 2012 800. He loves the sled and no problems. He mixed his gas first tank. He was riding with another guy same sled also mixed gas no issues.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had ours out on Saturday, put about 50km on them and they ran perfectly.
We secured the frog skin venting that's coming loose, checked for oil bubbles in the line and ran mixed fuel.
Our clutches ran cool all day, we were in some decent powder and there wasn't any issues. One thing we are going to do is add some screen to the clutch vent, it gets a bit plugged with snow in the deep but didn't actually effect anything that day. More of a precaution than anything cuz we ride deep powder a fair amount.

I rode a 2011 last year and loved it, came off a Doo before that. This year hubby decided to trade teams and left his Doo for the new Cat chassis. He was in Heaven all day! Liked it alot more than my last year's chassis, which he could not ride to save his life. Found this chassis more like his Rev as far as rider position but much easier to maneouver. He spent a fair amount of time layed over til he found that it needed so much less rider input to bust a move, then he was cruisin all day with a big azz smile. LOL I find the ride very similar but a bit different rider position and alot let sled in front of you. It seems to float very well and pop out of deep powder nicely. We didn't have an opportunity to climb with it cuz the hills are all very rocky still...but we did bust alot of deep powder and definitely made the sleds work. Didn't have an issue and no complaints at this point. The goggle warmer works great too, if you don't have one, get one. ;)

Here's a pic of the loose frogskin...now shoe-gooed, it's not goin anywhere.:p
PB191179.jpg

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw about a half dozen running good over the past 2 weekends. Haven't personally seen any blow up. Forums sometimes blow things out of proportion...

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. Hmmmm, Darren you must not think much of your Polaris if you bought a backup sled.....lol..... Just joking bud, can't wait to see it. I shouldn't be saying much mine isn't even ready....lol.

Hey buddy i bought the second one cause I had snowchecked it and couldnt make my mind up on which sled to buy. So now I have a back up or a sunday sled to ride when I am not on the Pro turbo.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy i bought the second one cause I had snowchecked it and couldnt make my mind up on which sled to buy. So now I have a back up or a sunday sled to ride when I am not on the Pro turbo.

I know a couple of guys willing to ride it for you. Dave said he'd be willing to suck it up and ride it for you and leave the M1200 in the trailer.:beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'll be down in Hinton for my son's hockey practice on Thursday night; so I'll likely be headed to McBride when his practice is over at around 8:15.

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60 miles thus far no problems other than the frog skins pealing, sealed those up and checed the air box we ran 2 tanks of premix just in case.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mixed too much fuel so my second tank will likely end up at around 200:1 as well just too use up the pre mixed fuel left in the jerry can.

Top Bottom