Oilers #1 PICK AGAIN

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You remind me of a swamper I had .He was 20 years old with 40 years experience.
You don't need a brain, yet I can't go a week without people complaining about how bad other people screwed up a job. Or even see a builder do any proper concrete work. It's not rocket science, but you better know what your doing. And there is a HUGE difference between awesome work and ok work (and most people accept ok work from hacks). Good enough work that if you call either concrete company we use, we are first on their list to recommend EVERY time because of the work we do. We don't collect pay and run, actually atleast 50% of our work is from referrals or repeat work.

I don't really care, i'm in it for the money short term and nothing else. I have framed and finished plenty of houses, additions, renovations, it's not hard. A real carpenter who can hand make cabinets etc is a real carpenter, or other crazy hand made stuff they use to do. But today most of them aren't real carpenters, compared to the old timers who knew what they were doing.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont get it in one post you say you do what your told............then in another you say YOUR booked for 4 months...........tells me something right there.........you arent booked for 4 months, your daddy is , head down azz up mofo get your hands back on that magnesium and bring up those fine aggregates.......lmao
no it doesnt take long to pour 7-10 m slab, hell you can bring in 5 guys if you want, a power screed to take all the hard work out of it, unless you are using an additive to speed up the hydration of it, your going to be there for the day... What are you going to say now??? add an additive ( and yes they do make excellerants for concrete) to speed up the job so you can go home and still get paid? lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wait wait....we're talking the quality for a driveway......i can find a crew of retarded 10 y/o's and teach them in a day to do a drive way and i'm not a concrete guy.......and you do a 50 M pour complete in 2 hours......with what finish? chit i can do a broom finish with a $10.99 push broom from home depot and make it look good....if your going to talk about the quality of your work talk about work that requires quality. a properly places and finished slab, done properly, with a decent finish is a full days work......dont talk or argue about quality if your doing sidewalks and driveways for a living, talk to me when your a real placer

50M is power troweled smooth, and that is placed and waiting to harden obviously, last time I checked 1 or 2 guys max finish it after that (and they have PLENTY of downtime), and it's still NEVER 8 hours unless it's spring or fall. That's because most guys pour concrete like water, some people pour it properly. We do any type of flat work. Anyone can do a broom driveway? That's odd, atleast 80% I see look like ch!t, peeling after a year, drain towards a house, etc, etc. Even if they look like the day they were poured most still are a joke. Most driveways are exposed or stamped, but still do broom. Residential is the best work, in and out quick and off to the next job, no screwing around or dealing with bullch!t.

LOL a real placer? Like who? Peeban, JRJ? I've seen their work, we subbed out a floor to JRJ because we were to busy, they poured the first half and I would of let a bunch of 5 year olds pour it over them hacks, it was broom and they still screwed it up. Doing a floor is no harder then a driveway.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope he's real cause he's my hero!
Anyone who know as much about concrete and dodge trucks as he does at such a tender age is AMAZING!!!!
Can't believe you come on here Cyle and spout off to guys twice your age with 10 times the experience you have and try and tell them they don't know their chit.Every time you post you make yourself look more and more like a douche.

I have 11 years of concrete experience, so who has 110 years? I don't know everything about it, but as far as flatwork goes there isn't much if anything that will stump me or something that I haven't seen. And twice my age, does that matter? If someone is 50 and never touched concrete do they still know 10 times as much? MMM...........

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont get it in one post you say you do what your told............then in another you say YOUR booked for 4 months...........tells me something right there.........you arent booked for 4 months, your daddy is , head down azz up mofo get your hands back on that magnesium and bring up those fine aggregates.......lmao
no it doesnt take long to pour 7-10 m slab, hell you can bring in 5 guys if you want, a power screed to take all the hard work out of it, unless you are using an additive to speed up the hydration of it, your going to be there for the day... What are you going to say now??? add an additive ( and yes they do make excellerants for concrete) to speed up the job so you can go home and still get paid? lol

Were did I say I do what i'm told? I choose if I want a job, and for how much. 5 guys? Wow. 6M placed and finished in under 2 hours with 3 guys. No calcium or anything else, just mid 20's out and in the sun. As I said, some guys don't pour it like water so it doesn't take forever to set up. 20-40 mins depending, and it's ready to finish on a average summer day......I get ch!t done so I don't have to work 12 hours to make good money.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need a brain, yet I can't go a week without people complaining about how bad other people screwed up a job. Or even see a builder do any proper concrete work. It's not rocket science, but you better know what your doing. And there is a HUGE difference between awesome work and ok work (and most people accept ok work from hacks). Good enough work that if you call either concrete company we use, we are first on their list to recommend EVERY time because of the work we do. We don't collect pay and run, actually atleast 50% of our work is from referrals or repeat work.

I don't really care, i'm in it for the money short term and nothing else. I have framed and finished plenty of houses, additions, renovations, it's not hard. A real carpenter who can hand make cabinets etc is a real carpenter, or other crazy hand made stuff they use to do. But today most of them aren't real carpenters, compared to the old timers who knew what they were doing.
Hmm seems to me there is a reason most dont make hand made stuff anymore.............cuz its too fawkin expensive, and nobody wants to pay for it.....Hence ikea
4th year carpentry final project is hand made, its a computer desk, you choose your lumber, either oak , maple, birch.........you draw the print to scale, you hand craft it all, and lab rats from the government in white coats all come in and mark them with tolerances of +/_ .5 mm......... you are are given limited amount of hours to complete the entire project, and every 15 min your over your docked 5 marks i believe it was. Finished mine with 4 hours to spare, and still got 92... So ita not that us newer carpenters dont have the skill or knowledge to do that type of work, its more that nobody but Darrly katz can afford it.
As far as framing a house where have you framed??...........so I can make a note not to ever go near it

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
still no company name?? you will bash the big names but not mention your own......and yes anyone can poor a broomed driveway, chit i could do it with 2 friends drinking a 24 while we work.....c'mon cyle your a concrete guy, get over it, your not god.....yes there are some bad placers out there i wont argue that. but you talk about it like your the only guy who can do it right??? best placer/finisher i have ever met showed up in a beat up old ford, with long ass hair, looked like he just came off of a 1 month bender, and did the nicest slab on a mezzanine i have ever seen, and said before he started....i cant promise it'll be perfect, and then he finished said....that look good enough for ya.......

so yup your right it takes a real loud mouth i will talk up my company but not mention the name concrete hero do do good work. and i have NEVER seen someone do a 50 M pour, placed, power troweled, and finished.........OH WAIT thats right, from your post you don't finish.....you place it and leave and let the real concrete guys finish the job while you sit on here and brag about it.....well done cyle......well done

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still no company name?? you will bash the big names but not mention your own......and yes anyone can poor a broomed driveway, chit i could do it with 2 friends drinking a 24 while we work.....c'mon cyle your a concrete guy, get over it, your not god.....yes there are some bad placers out there i wont argue that. but you talk about it like your the only guy who can do it right??? best placer/finisher i have ever met showed up in a beat up old ford, with long ass hair, looked like he just came off of a 1 month bender, and did the nicest slab on a mezzanine i have ever seen, and said before he started....i cant promise it'll be perfect, and then he finished said....that look good enough for ya.......

so yup your right it takes a real loud mouth i will talk up my company but not mention the name concrete hero do do good work. and i have NEVER seen someone do a 50 M pour, placed, power troweled, and finished.........OH WAIT thats right, from your post you don't finish.....you place it and leave and let the real concrete guys finish the job while you sit on here and brag about it.....well done cyle......well done

Where did I say I leave? Sometimes I do sometimes I don't. Anyone can power trowel. If it's not placed flat, it's not going to be finished flat, plain and simple.

Where did I say concrete is so great? I'm actually sick of it, and as I said, in it for the money. It's not hard, but it does take practice to know what your doing. The only reason I said anything about concrete in the first place was to give someone advice (anyone who knows anything about it, will know that the concrete advice i've given is correct). And where did I brag about being so good at it? I said basically I take pride in my work and many don't.

Why would I bother putting the name up? I've never seen you say where you work? Or many other people, for different reasons.

Now i'm done. Back on draft pick topic!

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were did I say I do what i'm told? I choose if I want a job, and for how much. 5 guys? Wow. 6M placed and finished in under 2 hours with 3 guys. No calcium or anything else, just mid 20's out and in the sun. As I said, some guys don't pour it like water so it doesn't take forever to set up. 20-40 mins depending, and it's ready to finish on a average summer day......I get ch!t done so I don't have to work 12 hours to make good money.

right in this sentence is where you say that :" A pour takes 8 hours? Really? A 7M driveway it's poured in 30 mins tops......Fawk even 50M is done in well under 2 hours. Last time I checked concrete pours can be ANY amount. I only work as much as I want most of the time, I have zero interest working 12 hour days 7 days a week. Right now i'm working a straight 40. And the current job is by the hour so I don't give a flying fawk how long it takes, I am told to make it take as long as possible. That's why i've got plenty of time right now. And really I post a lot? I find it funny. And how long does it take to rattle off a post? I've been home from work for well over 2 hours.....And I just stopped getting paid half hour ago, jealous?

Good luck with that, won't happen. First off, if we work for a general (only work for one) we bid the job and get a timeline and get specs and we run our own ch!t. If someone says something they would be told to fawk off, we manage our own guys. The only company like that we did work once for Mcfarlane before they went out of business we did hudsons in west ed mall. But they are such a nightmare we don't do that BS anymore. "

Says im told to make it take as long as possible.........therby letting everyone know you take your direction from someone else, and what really blows my mind the fact that your told to take as long as possible, sounds like someone is taking advantage of others if ya ask me. Nice Credible company you got going there..

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm also amazed by the "if we work for a general (only work for one) we bid the job and get a timeline and get specs and we run our own ch!t. If someone says something they would be told to fawk off, we manage our own guys." on our sites as the general, you will do exactly what we say or you my friend will "fawk off" yes you run your guys but i will tell you how to run your guys and what schedule i want you to keep your guys on......or you can kiss your contract good bye

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pouring a slab doesnt take long at all, its how its finished that takes the time, and if your pouring a say 8m slab, and finishing it in a couple hours..........you just became the concrete worlds hero, because it isnt at all possible to have any strength, and finish to it ( to which you say your the man)... I poured and finished enough of them, as well as helped on many more then i care for, you arent going to be in and out in a couple hours. If your pouring in the direct sun at 20 deg, and you pull away form said slab in say 3 hours after its had the cyle finish............who the fawk sticks around and mists it to keep the hydration process from happening to fast? The homeowner?
Im still waiting for you to tell me you do all this, and the slabs are 80 MPA, and its all exposed, or stamped
cyle.jpg

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i'm done, back on topic. Sometimes you get sucked into the shitter......
I dont think you have ever found your way out of the said shitter from that day way back when mom and dad had you..........

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm also amazed by the "if we work for a general (only work for one) we bid the job and get a timeline and get specs and we run our own ch!t. If someone says something they would be told to fawk off, we manage our own guys." on our sites as the general, you will do exactly what we say or you my friend will "fawk off" yes you run your guys but i will tell you how to run your guys and what schedule i want you to keep your guys on......or you can kiss your contract good bye
Isnt that the beauty part about being the General C... well said

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never met a general that would allow someone to run their own show on their site.......and if they do they're not much of a general
me either and im a general, only exception i give to the rule is the homeowner, if they are happy and paying the invoices i give them, then I am happy. Pretty sure if i had to hire a sub in for concrete, and he told me to mind my own business, and fawk off id have their would be a slight bulge under the that concrete after it cured.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can still get hawaiian punch? Havent saw that stuff for a long time........and it was good......

I don't know, I hadn't even though about it until now.

What about Jolt? That stuff was awesome!

Top Bottom