Oil money

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's true that a new sled or any other toy looses big value after one or two years. Others including myself can't give away high end 30k + sleds. Now with the the oil prices crashing how many sleds are going to be availible at 90% of there value to come. I'm seeing great deals to come...or am I wrong.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm counting on it! :D I want a newer sled but I also want to retire, so a deal is gonna be the only way it happens.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol yep I see a bonnieville dealer is pushing there new non current 13 m1100s out for $9999.00 used deals will be pushed down even further. I'm guessing if I could pull 4k out of that 35k nytro I should be happy hey.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I don't think you will see used prices come down on 1 or 2 year old sleds. The ones that are financed won't be able to sell them for less then they owe. Might get some good deals on new in stock sleds mid season next year if they are not moving. I would bet they will be cheaper mid season new than what people want used on Kijiji.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will see used prices come down on 1 or 2 year old sleds. The ones that are financed won't be able to sell them for less then they owe. Might get some good deals on new in stock sleds mid season next year if they are not moving. I would bet they will be cheaper mid season new than what people want used on Kijiji.

new is cheaper than used now.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah these oil prices are never gonna go back up :rolleyes: When oils like a buck or two a barrel I'm gonna get me like ten houses and a ferrari, maybe a new Rolex from all the suckers out there.

Seriously though, if you want a great deal right now.... invest in oil!

Last edited:

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah these oil prices are never gonna go back up :rolleyes: When oils like a buck or two a barrel I'm gonna get me like ten houses and a ferrari, maybe a new Rolex from all the suckers out there.

Seriously though, if you want a great deal right now.... invest in oil!

I was thinking the same thing. Prices were lower in 2009. This could be a good opportunity

MADMAN

Reaction score
It has to come to this every few yrs in order to clear out them high priced little ankle biter companies who work against each other and jack the fk outa their prices!!!!

Bring on them fakin deals whoooooooop

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What madman said. The Saudis and Iraqis are dumping oil at a higher rate never seen and will do it until the little shale oil companies bankrupt. Hope it won't take to long. Spring or summer i bet the barrel will be 55 to 60$

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Lol yep I see a bonnieville dealer is pushing there new non current 13 m1100s out for $9999.00 used deals will be pushed down even further. I'm guessing if I could pull 4k out of that 35k nytro I should be happy hey.

They're not "pushing them out". They've had them advertised at that price since Sept. when I started shopping.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't blame Saudi and Iraq for flooding the markets with oil, it's the US that's flooding the market since bringing their Bakken fields into production. Over the period from Jan 2010 to Sept 2014 Canada and Irag have increased oil production approximately 650,000 bbl/day. Saudi increased their production approx 958,000 bbl/day. The US has done the greatest increased of production by approx 2.65mil bbl/day.

International Energy Statistics - EIA

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't blame Saudi and Iraq for flooding the markets with oil, it's the US that's flooding the market since bringing their Bakken fields into production. Over the period from Jan 2010 to Sept 2014 Canada and Irag have increased oil production approximately 650,000 bbl/day. Saudi increased their production approx 958,000 bbl/day. The US has done the greatest increased of production by approx 2.65mil bbl/day.

International Energy Statistics - EIA

thats right, BUT it hasn't quite worked out as planned. All that new supply flooded the market, and pushed down prices as the world realized there is currently far more oil being pumped out every day than is needed to meet current demand. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, an oil cartel of oil-producing nations primarily in the Middle East and Africa and led by Saudi Arabia, is believed to be in a stand-off with the U.S. shale producers, and seems willing to ride out cheap prices for as long as it takes to push them out of business.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if they go out of business a big company like ExxonMobil or ConocoPhillips will buy the assets and throw the wells back online in a matter of days. Still no help for a raise in oil prices.
thats right, BUT it hasn't quite worked out as planned. All that new supply flooded the market, and pushed down prices as the world realized there is currently far more oil being pumped out every day than is needed to meet current demand. The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, an oil cartel of oil-producing nations primarily in the Middle East and Africa and led by Saudi Arabia, is believed to be in a stand-off with the U.S. shale producers, and seems willing to ride out cheap prices for as long as it takes to push them out of business.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if they go out of business a big company like ExxonMobil or ConocoPhillips will buy the assets and throw the wells back online in a matter of days. Still no help for a raise in oil prices.

lots of speculation and maybe your right as well, maybe thats the plan. like another poster said earlier now would be a time to buy cheap oil. its all a game it just sucks when they push the prices down and us little people eat dirt.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil debate is gonna be an endless battle which hopefully doesn't take forever to straighten out and get the economy stabilized. I've been working on a drilling rig in some way, shape or form since 1997 and am tired of it. If I can squeeze another 10yrs out of it great but as of late I have been pondering a career change which is kind of scarey going on 40 with a wife and young kids under the age of 10.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The oil debate is gonna be an endless battle which hopefully doesn't take forever to straighten out and get the economy stabilized. I've been working on a drilling rig in some way, shape or form since 1997 and am tired of it. If I can squeeze another 10yrs out of it great but as of late I have been pondering a career change which is kind of scarey going on 40 with a wife and young kids under the age of 10.

i dont work on rigs but ive worked in the oil and gas sector since 2001. even i have been wanting a career change for the last 5 years. but your right its scary to change and a possible drop in wage/salary. its hard to get out after being in so long...like a cartel

CCCC

Reaction score
Been in the business 27 years about 1/2 of it International. I feel much of this is to break the back of Russia. Oil prices can be manipulated. We are at 93 MM BOPD daily consumption, the highest ever, and all the new oil coming on is very expensive. Bakken / Shale Oil: about $60 - $80 op costs, and high initial declines Oilsands: new projects: need about $80 oil....later, about $30 - 40 / BBL OPEX... but remember, Canadian Heavy oil and Oilsand Oil trades at quite the discount to posted Brent or WTI; Russia: budgeted $100 oil Venezuela: budgeted over $140 Oil Alberta: Budgetted $100 oil ? etc... Saudi also budgeted about $80 oil for their government spending and social programs, but they can 'ride this out' easier with their war chest. Libya, used to be over 2 MM BOPD and now about 400,000 BOPD with all the fighting... basket case. Thanks NATO for creating a mess for the world.... Iraq? Struggling. Saudi - increasing water cuts that they don't talk about or disclose. I give it 6 - 12 months and back at $60 - 70 Nat Gas stocks should do well as all the associated gas coming off Bakken oil drops back with decreased oil drilling. Some good buys out there .... but ugly for a while. In the meantime, Gold and Silver is rising in the background.... quietly but quickly...

Top Bottom