Oil Light

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my oil tank in my 07 summit I bent the oil senser(a little bit) and now the oil light is on. My question is as long as I know there's oil in the tank it will still pump oil??? or the float might also just be stuck a bit I want to ride it to see if it will get moving

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it will still pump oil. mix your first tank 50:1 to be safe and that way you can watch and make sure the oil level is going down.

also with the sled runnning take a peice of close hanger and hold the injection pump wide open to bleed the pump for about 2-4 minuts. it should be fine but it helps to releicve air from the lines.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it will still pump oil. mix your first tank 50:1 to be safe and that way you can watch and make sure the oil level is going down.

also with the sled runnning take a peice of close hanger and hold the injection pump wide open to bleed the pump for about 2-4 minuts. it should be fine but it helps to releicve air from the lines.

all I did was take the oil sencer out of the oil tank, the line from the sencer was still full of oil. Thanks ur always a big help:beer:

x-mark

Reaction score
well all i can say is when the motor is shut off ,look down to the bottom of the motor at the oil injection and flick the throttle. if its moving then the motor is getting oil.... if the oil light is on while u have a full tank of oil..... then its somthin with the sencor , umm not a hundred percent sure but on the zx chassis there is a little bobber in the oil tank that when it gets close to the sensor , it will bring on the oil light ..... just a thought maybe check out if the bober is in there and or if it is snagged on somthin at the bottom of the tank..... also safe measures check all of your oil lines out.... cheers .....:beer:

Top Bottom