Oil injection oil

OVERKILL

Reaction score
What is everyone using or prefering for snowmobile oil injection oil? eg. Castrol, Amsoil,Dealer brand?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will hear a lot of this is the best that is crap... etc. I know a guy who regularly gets 10000km on his 800 cats in the mountains with out ever any major work and he uses castrol cheap crap from Walmart. Buys like 12 jugs a year at 21-22$ per 4L. Not saying I love the idea but obviously seems to work very well for him.

OVERKILL

Reaction score
You will hear a lot of this is the best that is crap... etc. I know a guy who regularly gets 10000km on his 800 cats in the mountains with out ever any major work and he uses castrol cheap crap from Walmart. Buys like 12 jugs a year at 21-22$ per 4L. Not saying I love the idea but obviously seems to work very well for him.

I've been just using that Castrol brand so far this year as well. Which is a non synthetic...Maybe better to use a synthetic brand like Amsoil or a semi like Lucas brand?

wildthangci

Reaction score
I use Mystik full synthetic jt4 snowmobile oil. It's around $22 per gallon. Been using it for quite awhile, no problems.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I just use Cat injection oil. But hear people talking about using the new ctek injection oil as its thinner viscosity and flows better.

I was tempted to try using that ipone strawberry smelling oil. Lol

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I use Mystik full synthetic jt4 snowmobile oil. It's around $22 per gallon. Been using it for quite awhile, no problems.

I just use Cat injection oil. But hear people talking about using the new ctek injection oil as its thinner viscosity and flows better.

I was tempted to try using that ipone strawberry smelling oil. Lol

Why do you prefer the synthetic over non synthetic? just better flow rate in cold temps?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coop xls synthetic, 38 bucks for 5 l jug

Buddy has 10000 plus miles on a 670 ( 720 mod motor) with this oil, that is why I used it from now on

sent while drinking tea's

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Why do you prefer the synthetic over non synthetic? just better flow rate in cold temps?

Better flow rates, and less carbon build up. Have tried pretty much every oil under the sun. I tried every type of oil under the sun on my 440 premixed. Found most conventional oil when premixed left quite a bit of residue that snowballed after use. Was kind of a dry oil. In comparison to some of the synthetic oils I have tried even in the exhaust it is still oily. Which I feel a lot more comfortable with.

My 440 sled is pre-mixed 32:1 ratio, which is heavy compared to the newer high efficient sleds, but the 32:1 gave me a lot more accelerated results from the long term results of running oil.

Cat injection oil gave me good results. But considering giving the ipone substitution a try. Can get for cheaper, and have heard decent reviews on it. I'm going to give it a try on my boat this summer. I know I'd much rather smell strawberries then this nasty Canadian tire junk. No one likes it when I let my boat idle. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use dealer brand for my sled.
Buy it when it's on sale or if they have bulk just bring in old jugs.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use factory synthetic oil. But I buy it from cycleworks in there bottles. Same stuff but cheaper. Seems to work well only burnt about 1/2 tank in 3 pretty ok days of riding. Plus I'm still in break in

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something someone who is very particular about these sort of things may want to consider is how the manufacturer calibrates their oil injection system. Now is oil viscosity that important to oil pump function? I don't know, I am not an engineer so I leave it up to the internet wizards to deploy their wealth of knowledge on.

Just eye balling the pouring of my XPS Full Syn into the XM vs. the pour of my Polaris VES gold I would believe the XPS is "thinner" or lighter weight than the VES and pours quicker even when cold. I do not have a viscometer sitting on the self to actual quantify that eye ball observation but I would suspect an oil not of the same range of viscosity of the OEM suggested product could transfer differently. Yes there are manufacture equivalents and standards other non OEM oils are able to meet which have varying categories like flash point and detergent contents and so on.

So for that, I run what the manufacture suggests because I do not have the time or level of interest to actually search and find out what equals what. Oh yes I must be a sheep for doing such. :)

OVERKILL

Reaction score
I am thinking now I should be switching to the skidoo brand of oil, or at least to a synthetic like an Amsoil.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redline two stroke synthetic oil for me. They also make a two stroke racing oil, lower pour point though.

79TXL

Reaction score
I've ran klotz in every Sled I've owned, haven't exploded one yet. yet....

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell full synthetic has always been good to me with my cats, have had an 08, 11, 12, and two 14's and all of them have ran well and logged many miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T&T Powersports recommended Yamalube to me years ago for my Cats, and that's what I've run ever since.1300k on my 2015, 7000k on my 2011, and 4000miles in my 2002 without any issues.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom