oil in y pipe

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just doing a bit of work on my free ride and pulled off the exhaust and found there's a nice puddle of oil in the y-pipe.
I have noticed this with the gf's ptek before and figure it's normal for the older carbed engine. Is this a normal thing for an ETEC also? Sled is a 2012 with 2100 km.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to try another brand of oil. It doesn't happen on my sleds with Amsoil

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only oil I've put through it is the synthetic brp straight from my dealership.

It's cause you didn't get it hot enough to burn the oil completely! You will find that on any two stroke in the world! Don't worry about it next time let it warm up longer and if possible rev it up a bit or run it on a stand to get it hot.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Quinton, did you start it during the summer just because we used to doo that to the older sleds? Or did you fog it when you shut it down in the spring? Both could explain the excess oil.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't summer fog it, I just started it every month and let it warm up and idle for a bit. And I do sometimes have to start the sleds to move them out of the shop or other things so sometimes they do just get started and only run for 2 minutes or so. I figured there's no need to worry.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should check that the oil injection cable is on my old 07XRS cable broke and it fails all the way open and lots of oil in y pipe also went thru a ton of oil.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was the same way it's just from low load and starting it in the summer. If you check it after a good hard pull it'll be dry nothing to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom