Oil-Gas Mix Ratio

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried doing a search but got a error, so what's everybody using for a mix ratio? The neighbor did a oil delete on his son's 99 rmk 700. He's mixing 50:1 right now. Close? Let me know Thanks:beer:

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you use optimal you can mix 100:1.... i use it in all my two strokes regardless of mix ratio. it is also a fuel stablizer. great product. easy to measure out.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do 40:1

I have read tests that state two strokes make best power at 20 or even 16:1. It has to do with ring sealing. Your jetting has to be good to keep from fouling plugs. It would be expensive too if running synthetic.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weve done 50-1 ratio on all of our sleds. Theres nothing wrong with running the mix a little more rich, you wont blow your pistons by doing this and it wont cause anything more than a couple fouled plugs if it is running ro rich.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be doing 40-1 or maybe even 33-1 with that motor. Have they done a bigbearing upgrade? If not, the more lubrication in the pto bearings the better.

They just bought it. Fixed the rear skid and hand warmers. Don't know what's been done to it. For the price they got it for, as long as the engine lasts, a heck of a deal.

Top Bottom