oil filter

Ohmz

Reaction score
just courious if its worth trying to change the oil filter on a 13 pro with 3400km? took a look at it and its deep down and looks like a pain in the a$$ to get at... thoughts? or advice on easyist way to go about it?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how much junk has gotten into the oil over the years, I have 3600km on mine, and don't plan on changing it, but i also know I've been very diligent in not getting dirt in the tank. IIRC they are relatively easy to change though, I would probably pull out the airbox at that mileage anyway and clean the belt dust out of it, and check the reeds at the same time. While you're at it check to make sure the oil inlet fitting is securely pressed into the oil pump, i had mine pop out and cause a tow ride home, thankfully i seen the oil leaking out the bottom of the sled before any damage was done.

BTW have you had any motor work done yet? Just curious as to how others have fared on the stock pistons.

I have a 2012 digital service manual if that would help as well.

Ohmz

Reaction score
it looks ( from shining a flash light onto it) clean... I can honestly say ive never gotten crud into the tank. just had a bunch of work done to the motor this month... pistions were in very good shape. but i wouldn't want to run it another season on the old ones... i did have my oiler turned up from day one though. i changed the fuel filter... very easy... and cut the old one open and it was black. air box and reeds all cleaned and replaced with engine work.. i went with a MTNTK full mod... cant wait to try it on the snow :D

Top Bottom