Oil Film Behind Primary

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the last couple rides of the season, I noticed there's a thin film of oil building up behind primary clutch on my wife's 2007 REV 600. Seems to run good, but I don't want to blow it up. What should I be looking at?
Thanks in advance.:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the last couple rides of the season, I noticed there's a thin film of oil building up behind primary clutch on my wife's 2007 REV 600. Seems to run good, but I don't want to blow it up. What should I be looking at?
Thanks in advance.:beer:

you need to pull the primary clutch, clean it up, change the crankseal on the end of crank and put an ounce or so of iso grease behind seal. should solve the problem, if you don't you risk taking out the crankshaft bearings etc. do not use any other type of grease unless it is comparable.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to pull the primary clutch, clean it up, change the crankseal on the end of crank and put an ounce or so of iso grease behind seal. should solve the problem, if you don't you risk taking out the crankshaft bearings etc. do not use any other type of grease unless it is comparable.

Thanks for that. That is sorta what I suspected but thought I'd ask to make sure before I start puling things apart. Never done it before so into the manual I go!
Cheers :beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may have gotten the clutch side hot enough to melt out the grease, you can inject a few cc's of grease under the seal lip, or pull the seal and replace. use a clutch puller bolt for skidoo. no 3 jaw puller ever.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may have gotten the clutch side hot enough to melt out the grease, you can inject a few cc's of grease under the seal lip, or pull the seal and replace. use a clutch puller bolt for skidoo. no 3 jaw puller ever.

Thanks again

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Is this something a guy with little mechanical ability can attempt?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes not that hard, you will need a clutch puller, and a few wrenches, aso the right grease and only a few squirts.

Top Bottom