OH MY GOOD GOD... working moms .. please help me!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all you Working mommas..

How the freakin hell do you balance life...

I was a mom that worked from home, (taught music, hippie witchdoctor massage woman). Now I'm in the work force full time. My job is awesome.. I sell sleds, atvs and bikes in a super busy dealership. The days can be long, I come home completely wiped, make supper, in the tub then cuddle time, as we watch storage wars or animal planet...

How do you balance working full time and family time? I want to make the most of my life with my Husband and kids... any time saving tips?

Thank you!!

Love

Momma :)

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Divide up the household chores and let your crockpot be your best friend!! Menu planning is what saves me a ton of time. Then I am only making one trip to the grocery store per week too. Another thing is saying NO.......you can't be everything to everyone....and your kids can't participate on everything they want. We let our kids pick one thing per semester. Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish it is hard at first but you have to put your foot down to maintain your sanity.

Jan

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Divide up the household chores and let your crockpot be your best friend!! Menu planning is what saves me a ton of time. Then I am only making one trip to the grocery store per week too. Another thing is saying NO.......you can't be everything to everyone....and your kids can't participate on everything they want. We let our kids pick one thing per semester. Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish it is hard at first but you have to put your foot down to maintain your sanity.

Jan

Thanks Jan!! I freakin LOVE my crock pot!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The important thing is that you organize your time so that your full time job doesn't interfere with your husbands leisure time. As long as you can still have dinner on the table when he gets home there should be no issues......:d:d

Baa ha haa... OK mister Smartie Pants...

that's ONE!!!!!

:D :D :D

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know that it ever gets easier. I have been working from home with 2 jobs full time for 10yrs now! Ugh the studio is clean and laundry done. But go up stairs eekkk there is just not enough time in a day. My daughter helps me with cooking at 11yrs old and is a big help. I have learned that it will get done when I get to it. But trust me not being able to wear all my hats at once was hard to give up. But in order for there to be a little mom time out at the gym or on my sled I had to let control of some of the small things and get Sanshira to step up to help. We are the best team and I get through every day because of her! But I still have my days where I want to choke someone;)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My solution...don't have kids. ;) JK

I honestly don't know how moms do it sometimes...we have 3 dogs and no kids and I still have a heck of time keeping the house together and dinner ready everyday.

Huge Kudos to all you full-time working moms who still find the time to shred and keep the family rolling! :beer:

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the crockpot !!! I use mine often. I also do alot of freezing meals...........if I make lasagna I make 2-3 more to freeze, same with spagetti sauce, cabbage rolls, taco casserole etc..............and kiddo knows how to work the oven so he'll put stuff in and by the time we get home dinner is done saving me time. I buy hamburger in bulk and fry it and freeze it also saving time. I do laundry at night during the week, Sunday is my grocery and house cleaning day...............all still giving me lots of free time !!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually find that I do better with housework, meals, parenting etc., when I am working. I work 12 hour shifts, so I leave at 6am and don't get home until 8pm. That means I have to be way ahead of myself with meals, laundry etc. For me the reward of being organized far outweighs the temptation to procrastinate! Full time is 14 shifts/month or 4-on and 5-off, so I do my work stints, enjoy a fair amount of time off and then prepare for the next run. It also helps that the girls know they have to step up to the plate and help out. Sometimes it is daunting, but for the most part I much prefer to go to work versus doing the same effing dishes, laundry and vacuuming day in and day out... I have a really cool job and I am good at what I do.... And it feels nice to help out with extra $$ for the family!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a working mom, but this is how it works in my household: Mrs. 0neoldfart works, so the chores are divided up as best as possible. My one kid is at home, and he is responsible for his own laundry, taking care of the dogs when we are working, and occaisionally cooking for himself and doing dishes. My job takes me away from home for weeks at a time, but on my 2 weeks off, I do laundry for both of us, help clean, cook, dishes, yardwork, etc. (I don't watch much hockey or football as a result lol). Marriage is a partnership, and I've found over the course of 25 years that it has to be an equal partnership, regardless of who makes the higher dollar figure. So get hubby off his a**, and get him to pitch in, too. He might find that he appreciates you even more when he realizes what it takes to run a household... my 2 cents. "A happy wife = happy life".

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tell my wifeall the time if u could cut out your orgasm’s, we’d have all kinds of time onour hands for you to finish the dishes!

Think about it!
talk it over with your husband, i'm sure he will concur!

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
I find it very hard, I was a stay at home mom for 5 years. Joined the work force again 2 years ago. I got a good paying 9-5 monday to friday job and that helps alot. Our boys are just in Grade 1 and Kindergarten. I found two summers ago when I was still at home I had the worlds best garden, very beautiful flowerbed and the yard, laundry and suppers all cooked and in order. Last year well the garden looked like ch!t, hubby rounded up by accident a row of carrots and I said heck might as well do the other row and beets. LOL I had potatoes and that was it. I didnt care, alot of work just for a garden. I bought all my veggies at the farmers market and canned on one of my weeks of holidays last August. I am very tempted to do that again. I love my garden but now there is not enough hours in my day.

I find I get home about 5:45 by the time I get the kids and then like 45- 1 hr to do supper. Then it seems we eat and I like boys to be in bed for 7:30. Not alot of time. Our oldest son is bringing books home every night to help him with reading. We have been doing that every night then its bed time. I dont get to spend as much quality time with them but we do it. I have been having them help with their laundry and it helps. They help with cat litter and other stuff.

I also find the hardest thing is when they do stuff at school and I cant go, like easter egg decorating, or they are going to a Play in Edmonton at the end of May, our oldest was like Mom I really want you to come but you have work and same with you dad. I find that to be about the hardest, not being able to do that for them and with them. At the end of the day that is what is important. I now try not to fret over the household stuff and just spend the time with all them. It will all get done.

I am glad to be back working, just have to priortize what I feel is important and what is not. I like the garden but not that much where it takes away from my family. Can always buy fresh LOL. Not sure if I made any sense in all this but I put a few words down.

Dont let it get the better of you.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it very hard, I was a stay at home mom for 5 years. Joined the work force again 2 years ago. I got a good paying 9-5 monday to friday job and that helps alot. Our boys are just in Grade 1 and Kindergarten. I found two summers ago when I was still at home I had the worlds best garden, very beautiful flowerbed and the yard, laundry and suppers all cooked and in order. Last year well the garden looked like ch!t, hubby rounded up by accident a row of carrots and I said heck might as well do the other row and beets. LOL I had potatoes and that was it. I didnt care, alot of work just for a garden. I bought all my veggies at the farmers market and canned on one of my weeks of holidays last August. I am very tempted to do that again. I love my garden but now there is not enough hours in my day.

I find I get home about 5:45 by the time I get the kids and then like 45- 1 hr to do supper. Then it seems we eat and I like boys to be in bed for 7:30. Not alot of time. Our oldest son is bringing books home every night to help him with reading. We have been doing that every night then its bed time. I dont get to spend as much quality time with them but we do it. I have been having them help with their laundry and it helps. They help with cat litter and other stuff.

I also find the hardest thing is when they do stuff at school and I cant go, like easter egg decorating, or they are going to a Play in Edmonton at the end of May, our oldest was like Mom I really want you to come but you have work and same with you dad. I find that to be about the hardest, not being able to do that for them and with them. At the end of the day that is what is important. I now try not to fret over the household stuff and just spend the time with all them. It will all get done.

I am glad to be back working, just have to priortize what I feel is important and what is not. I like the garden but not that much where it takes away from my family. Can always buy fresh LOL. Not sure if I made any sense in all this but I put a few words down.

You are a good Mom and wife :) many Kudos for seeking balance and knowing what is important...

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly!
I am so blessed to have my kids. They help out so much. we have a menagerie of animals, which they look after so well. Chores are divided amongst them. My home is together because of them. Missing out on the school stuff is HUGE. I live half way ish between their school and the town I work in. It's a good half hour to 40 min for me to get to their school events. When they have games in Nelson I'm able to zip out of work and watch though. I'm so proud of them. This is their first year in public school (all but my oldest daughter) What I really miss is the just chillin time. When we don't have anything to do and we're just jamming on the guitars, or cracking jokes. My garden is being officially taken over by the kids. Tatum has an amazing green thumb so she is in charge of the veggies and flowers. lol.

Thank you to everyone for sharing. I feel more "normal" now!

Trish :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tell my wifeall the time if u could cut out your orgasm’s, we’d have all kinds of time onour hands for you to finish the dishes!

Think about it!
talk it over with your husband, i'm sure he will concur!

Baa ha ha ha haaa!!! How about......................................

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom