Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

jrcactus

Reaction score
Failed attempt yesterday, got past the gate and continued about another 1 km. Got to the nasty part that is always icy early season, parked the truck and walked another km or so on foot with my son.
The willows have over taken the road and really no way a guy can drive his sled on those boulders. Found really no sign of snow and according to the GPS we were about 5800ft, just about to start on the flats before the cabin. I guess the 38 degree weather and rain this week took the rest away.

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The gate is closed and locked now and the elevation closure sign has been retrieved from down the bank and put back up. The gate marks an elevation closure to wheeled vehicles in the alpine.
Not saying it was any of you guys but someone has made a helluva mess up there. You can and will be fined if you are caught above 1700 metres in any wheeled vehicle on both Frisby and Boulder.
The club has special permission to access the cabins to do maintenance and bring in firewood and we do this late summer when it is drier. It would be very unfortunate if we lost this privilege.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there an elevation closure on all mountain ranges or just Boulder and frisbe ?
It's case by case I believe but very common in any alpine area with easy access to wheeled vehicles in BC.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's case by case I believe but very common in any alpine area with easy access to wheeled vehicles in BC.

All alpine in BC is off limits to wheeled vehicles under the new environmental degradation regulations. Max fine is $100,000.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All alpine in BC is off limits to wheeled vehicles under the new environmental degradation regulations. Max fine is $100,000.

That is a bit broad of a statement. The Thompson Okanogan have alpine vehicle restrictions.

But if you have additional information or links specifying other areas of the province please share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's new, haven't heard that yet
That is a bit broad of a statement. The Thompson Okanogan have alpine vehicle restrictions.

But if you have additional information or links specifying other areas of the province please share.

Agreed if that's the case, better let us know

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's new, haven't heard that yet

Agreed if that's the case, better let us know

There is nothing new about that, been like this for quite a few years now. People need to inform them selves. Some FSR will have signage telling user's but not all do. People need to first inform them self just like fishing your responsible as a user to know. I believe there is an elevation restriction and anything above tree line considered alpine is restricted. BC wide.

Like Moyie said, it carries a big fine if caught and even jail time. They are serious about it.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can educate myself. I did. Okanogan Thompson has a restriction. Came into effect early 2015 and replaced an older restriction. Already knew about it.

Again show me the rest of the province. Kootenays for example?

Never the less this is a Revy riding conditions thread. Though the season is over it might be better suited elsewhere to discuss these regs and get the info out there.

Mike, camping soon?

Top Bottom