2015-16 Forster conditions

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sled bunny it's your first time there you will love it. I hope it's sunny for you then it's an amazing scenic place. If it's socked in it can get small pretty fast, but lots of little hidden nooks and cranny's to play in. And now that the glacier is open you have to go check the olive hut out! I love it there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to seeing this area. Thanks

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Just watch for the crevasses on the glacier I haven't been up there this year though

Arrived at Condo. The Wifey and I rented it a year ago, pretty sweet when owner gives it for free (plus maid clean up).
Can't park on street so we "made it work"....lol
Stuffed sleds as far In garage as possible.
Off to bed...Forester tomorrow.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes on the crevasse up there as we seen one the size of a hotel up there the one year,

Pretty much strait up and a bit too the right as it clamed just a sled, that was a month after a fellow fell into a different one and survived. This is not saying there ain't 1 on the left either. "These more of them then one might think."

Our groups was at Renshaw latter that year when the story came back that day a fellow sledder went missing on one up that way.

We never sledded on any after that since there are so many other places to ride.

Pal Lem

Last edited:

sledstarr

Reaction score
How was your first time at Forster? We groomed to the cabin last night, snow was soft so I hope the trail was ok

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
How was your first time at Forster? We groomed to the cabin last night, snow was soft so I hope the trail was ok

They're up there now.... Probably post something in several hours when they get back

Forester was great. Had a couple of newbys so we didn't climb over to the other areas. Found good snow and even broke a T-3 174 when a tree jumped in front of it...lol. One toasted a arm.
Grooming was fantastic, road up is a bit greasy and there were about 75 sleds on the hill today, very little parking left.

sledstarr

Reaction score
Happy to hear you had an amazing day at Forster, give me a shout next time you are in the area I'd be happy to play tour guide,

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Happy to hear you had an amazing day at Forster, give me a shout next time you are in the area I'd be happy to play tour guide,

I'll be back next year. Oh...we had an accidental airbag deployed, priceless.

This is my final weekend of riding for the spring. Other priorities take over now....happy wife....
Really enjoyed forester.

polarischik

Reaction score
How's conditions for this week? Still holding up? You need a radio for midweek riding?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more logging up there. Rained in the valley yesterday, probably fresh snow up high.

motox208

Reaction score
Still parking at the lot or are we into deck season already?

dylandoo

Reaction score
Website
www.dylanoneschuk.com
Went up last weekend tons of snow on the trail from 27.7. Trail was good up until where the groomer stopped obviously. The area is stunning up at the glacier not tons of snow but still decent. Someone let me know if they get any fresh snow and I'll be up there again in a heartbeat!

Top Bottom