Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

adamjohn

Reaction score
It is what it is when it comes to the trails. Very easy to agree with both sides.

How far up are people uploading? Frisby and Boulder, any updates would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

AT

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The reason I suggested you contact the office when you have a concern is that it falls on the right ears. I know people were talking about it amongst themselves but it wasn`t reaching the people who needed to hear it. You have to admit that when it finally did reach the right ears it improved.
We have talked about designating an up and then a down trail because everyone uses the Bezanson.
We did increase the afternoon grooms from Fri Sat to also include Sun and on those grooms the Bezanson was done up and down most times.
Lots of things come into play to affect a groomed trail, fresh snow since the groom, temp., amount of riders, how they use the trail, track and lug size, HP and yes the experience of the machine operator is a big one.
On average we saw well over 1200 additional riders every month this season.
The Club applied last yr. to groom/manage 4 more areas last yr. We are waiting to hear back from Gov . hopefully a new area would take some of the heat off of Boulder.
Yes losing long time corporate partners and members would be very unfortunate, disappointing and greatly affect the club, but again we need to hear about the problems ourselves when they are happening
I am sorry some of you were disappointed but working with us would be appreciated.
General meetings are held the 1st Mon of each month and will be held now in the new building at Boulder.
The AGM is Sat. Apr. 30 at the Regent Inn. We are always looking for new volunteer faces to sit at the table.
Lets hope the problems have been addressed and we can look forward to happier members, guests and partners for the season next Nov.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure appreciate the work all you volunteers and workers/ members do for us visitors who come to sled revy pow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow_farmer

Reaction score
This may be a selfish post, but I personally hope none of the other areas around Revy get the grooming approval. Many people love riding smooth/groomed trails to a warm up cabin such as Boulder and Frisby and there is nothing wrong with that. But the main people I ride with along with many other groups I know, love getting away from the crowds and into areas with few riders/traffic. Are the trails into some of these areas atrocious? Of course! But I find no better reward than riding a pounded, whooped out, mogul esque trail, only to hit an area that’s quiet, untouched, and free of 300 plus other sleds. In my opinion, if these areas get groomed it will open up more remote areas of the back country to inexperienced riders ultimately leading to more difficult search and rescues. I love what the club does and have nothing but respect for it, but one problems solution can open up a whole new set of problems. Just my two cents.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may be a selfish post, but I personally hope none of the other areas around Revy get the grooming approval. Many people love riding smooth/groomed trails to a warm up cabin such as Boulder and Frisby and there is nothing wrong with that. But the main people I ride with along with many other groups I know, love getting away from the crowds and into areas with few riders/traffic. Are the trails into some of these areas atrocious? Of course! But I find no better reward than riding a pounded, whooped out, mogul esque trail, only to hit an area that’s quiet, untouched, and free of 300 plus other sleds. In my opinion, if these areas get groomed it will open up more remote areas of the back country to inexperienced riders ultimately leading to more difficult search and rescues. I love what the club does and have nothing but respect for it, but one problems solution can open up a whole new set of problems. Just my two cents.

Now here is a guy just like me the deals with the woops, because he knows there is white gold at the end of it all, and is worth every bump

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well Said !

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now here is a guy just like me the deals with the woops, because he knows there is white gold at the end of it all, and is worth every bump
You've been riding a groomed trail all season you meadow masher LOL

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have felt like you in the past, but after seeing the keystone trail last ride it worries the hell out of me if search and rescue was needed, been riding there 35 years and don't recall it that bad in the past over heating a dozen times on the way up.. Back breaking to say the least.. And relying on a chopper can not be done.. Does not seam right when you see multiple groomers sitting at Boulder, and Revy is know as the biggest sled area in the world

Last trip we met a large group that drove thousand of miles to ride revy and there main concern was the lack of grooming and left day three of a ten day trip to ride Montana where access was better

we rode Boulder twenty times this winter and trail was like others mentioned.. From perfect to terrible, but after riding keystone its honey

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have felt like you in the past, but after seeing the keystone trail last ride it worries the hell out of me if search and rescue was needed, been riding there 35 years and don't recall it that bad in the past over heating a dozen times on the way up.. Back breaking to say the least.. And relying on a chopper can not be done.. Does not seam right when you see multiple groomers sitting at Boulder, and Revy is know as the biggest sled area in the world

Last trip we met a large group that drove thousand of miles to ride revy and there main concern was the lack of grooming and left day three of a ten day trip to ride Montana where access was better

we rode Boulder twenty times this winter and trail was like others mentioned.. From perfect to terrible, but after riding keystone its honey

I think you need to reference a map on the distance they had to travel to get to Revy. I google mapped from Portland, Oregon to Revy and its 600 miles. So to say anywhere in washington is 'Thousands of miles' is way off. Most of the Sasky boys have a further drive.

mattalind

Reaction score
I'm 1000 miles away from Revelstoke but travel there each year as it's the best riding I've ever had (mind you, in terms of mountain riding I've only ever been to Golden, Revy & Fernie). Sometimes the trails are great, sometimes they're terrible....but I realize how much volunteer work goes into keeping areas open/trails groomed and I won't complain too much because I don't volunteer (other than paying my trail fee at the head). The riding we had in Turtle in February was awesome, thank you Revy!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple more from this wk on the Boost-it low comp kit running tight

snow been good dont think its freezing in the alpine.vary wet heavy unforgiving snow in the lower elevations,great spring ride.kirk-up has some dirt 3-7 km.laroy lane is done my opinion.rest of trail is holding up

Last edited:
Top Bottom