Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hwy 1 in BC Avalanche Control

TRAFFIC EVENTUpdated On: Jan 28, 2016 at 5:16Highway 1 Both directions Will be closed in both directions from West Boundary of Glacier National Park to Rogers Pass Summit (20.2 km) because of Avalanche Control, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.

something to watch for if coming over the pass this wknd

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting in line at the Pass right now. Army cannon just went by so hope they are finishing up early! Heading your way Tex! Be at Joe Schmuk's tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's not the kind of news we are looking for Richard. We are driving up Saturday morning.
Not much in the way of POW.

Heavy, Heavy wet snow at cabin. Zero degrees at 5:00 up top.....

Pissing down rain half way down the mountain and in town....

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Sorry for the downer Travis....LOL!
I am gonna head out Saturday now due to **** weather.
Hopefully it improves next week for you guys with the cooler overnight temps starting Monday.
I would imagine that there will be a crusty ice layer though if this continues.

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
Rode Griffin yesterday. It was super foggy and the trail was less than awesome. Pulled off into the trees thou and had a great day in some pretty deep stuff

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder Friday and Saturday. Love our Montana GPS from Skidoo. Took us through the fog and snow to the back end both days to play in untouched with just the Boost It boys. Good snow Friday but Saturday was 2-2.5 ft of light pow. Burned almost a tank of gas and were wore out by 3:30. Best day of the year for me so far as missed the Christmas spectacular. Talked to popcorn popper from the site and he rode Keystone with Bakers crew Saturday. They found area's over 3ft out there but had to ride low angle terrain because of slabs breaking off I guess.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group was at keystone sat...trail up was rough till 11km..we took the trail off to the right smooth from that point on.. snow was deep before the goat trail... thanks to the baker crew for shovelling the goat trail ... snow past the goat trail was off the charts...we came out around 7 it was snowing hard ... still lots of untracked snow... hope this helps... play safe...coolbeans

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group was at keystone sat...trail up was rough till 11km..we took the trail off to the right smooth from that point on.. snow was deep before the goat trail... thanks to the baker crew for shovelling the goat trail ... snow past the goat trail was off the charts...we came out around 7 it was snowing hard ... still lots of untracked snow... hope this helps... play safe...coolbeans

My memory could be bad but isn't there a large sign saying sleds can't go that way? That's why it was smooth.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i looked at the map at the bottom by the road before going up on sat...didnt seem like the way to the right was closed...when we arrived at km 11..there was quite a few fresh tracks to the left.. there was also fresh tracks to the right... where quite a few more sleds had broken trail before us...our group did not break trail to the right...so our group could only conclude that the trail was open...there used to be a sign about 3 ta 5 years ago ,never seen no sign at 11k as it used to be right on the trail... possible trail is open now... maybe a trade to close the area behind the cabin...i will check with revelstoke club... last few years when I've been there after april 16 when we drove up in our trucks on the dirt we looked for the sign laying on the ground in that exact spot km 11 there was no sign and that possibly forestry removed the sign .... Good question??...coolbeans... dusty dancer from the revelstoke club might be able to answer this question or bring it up at the next club meeting and make a fresh post .... dusty do u have any thoughts on this matter....meow

Last edited:

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 11k, the trail to the left takes you to the top of the ridge. The trail to the rights takes you up through the trees. Both take you to the same place. The trail through the trees can be a little tricky if you don't know the way.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time we ride there it was locked out on left side..few years back we had the Rangers waiting fora group that did that at the Hiway.. Later on we heard they had maditory court appearances and big fines.. Be aware as I also think it a Bc cash cow grab

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always go right and up through the trees when we ride there. Cuts off some of the trail ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom