Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to Area-51 recently ??? How does it look ?
Failed attempt. Tried to get in there on the 14th had to unload at km 10 snow gravel mix till that point, couldn't ride the sled, couldn't pull the trailer in. Couple guys tried and got stuck big time. Sled deck only, for now.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Slow down on the trails!
Long ways down and and a few hours the next day to recover this sled.
Unbelievable that it only sustained minor damage. Axe and a block of wood at cabin maider look like new,
Driver bailed and was not injured.

oops.jpg

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Still a little untouched snow on the hills!
No tracks all day till we came up the gut!
Champagne powder with the cooler temperatures.
Bar deep all day.

untouched.jpg

ReToddid

Reaction score
Anybody been to Sale or Keystone the last day or two? Did it get the snow Boulder/Frisby got?

ski area sure didn't....

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody been to Sale or Keystone the last day or two? Did it get the snow Boulder/Frisby got?

ski area sure didn't....

we were into sale twice this weekend and was amazing down in the trees, but id say boulder frisby was better for the pow.

2015-12-26 12.40.49.jpg 2015-12-26 12.44.44.jpg

Last edited:

splat10

Reaction score
Hey all,
New to this site but been on others a while. I'm thinking about flying west January 14-18 for a weekend in Revy to escape the snowless blowtorch we've got on the east coast. However i'm hearing rumbling about pattern changes out here. Have you heard anything out there that might lead to less than great conditions in two weeks? I was out last winter in the tracked out concrete and don't want a repeat. I wish i could have made it out this week but schedule...

What have you all heard on the alpine weather?

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hard to predict 14 days out -- but given historical experiences -- snow should be excellent -- but --- you never know ---either way it will be a great experience to ride revy for you.T

Hughman

Reaction score
I seen some posts earlier in here, but I was just wondering if it's gotten any better to get into Area 51, thinking of riding there one day when we are out, we'll be out west by the 8th to ride, was there the year before last, and there was good snow all the way in for the trails, and I had mapped some of it on my GPS, but we'll have a enclosed trailers again, so not sure what parking is like but last time we parked pretty close to Hwy... anyways was just curious what it's like. Thanks to anyone replies. ��������

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering how the snow is doing out there? Christmas crowd beat the crap out of it? The weather forecast looks weak till Tuesday possible snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You nailed it.
General areas are concrete city.

Caribou closures are now in effect so that has reduced alot of good riding areas.There is still snow in the steeper areas.Snowing light;y this morning.

Remember to have to insurance, registration and plate for your sled.
Ministry of Forest will be checking at Boulder and Frisby starting today.!

Wondering how the snow is doing out there? Christmas crowd beat the crap out of it? The weather forecast looks weak till Tuesday possible snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Oops! Told you should have come later in the month Gibsons.

We need a big dump to cover the trenches and start fresh again. The little snow in the forecast is not promising enough.

With the really cold weather, I must say that the groomers have done a great job and all trails have a very good solid base.

Big shout out to all the Revy staff and groomer operators.

Parking staff and booth folks did a wonderful job over the busy holiday season.

WELL DONE AGAIN FOLKS! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Sometimes you folks are not appreciated enough for some of the BS you put up with?

Top Bottom