Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1449555947504.jpg

Please respect the fact that Frisby & Boulder are closed tomorrow so that SAR can do their jobs.

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from revy ,rode frisby 3 days
we rode low caribu area from below first cabin back past green tower fingers
1-174 t3
2-163 3"
2 -154 2.5
on sunday it was so deep we worked most of the day to get back to the fingers
and all the spots not touched in the previous days were a workout
just to get around-one treed hill it took an hour with 5 sleds to get the 154's out
all fun but with only one or a couple guys would have been a issue
hope they find all missing guys

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think they are going to have any luck, it's pouring all nite and would be snow up top

I hears the high way is closed again today for avy control and heard like 40 cm on Rodgers

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Don't think they are going to have any luck, it's pouring all nite and would be snow up top

I hears the high way is closed again today for avy control and heard like 40 cm on Rodgers

Yes, they are stating 2 hour closures on the highways. Closed to the North towards Mica.

The conditions are not that favourable for flying today. The SAR boys from Revy know there stuff and the mountain but it a very large area to search.

Lets hope they have a positive out come for a fellow lost sledders on both mountains.!

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were able to help with getting the 2 guys that we stuck on Frisby Ridge. I made the initial calls to the RCMP from my sat phone. We then went and were able to contact them with radios. And got them to start walking up as they were prepared to stay the night. We told them not to worry. Just take your time and start walking. We wouldn't leave till we got them. So we then rode back to the cabin just to keep the rest of our crew in the loop with what was happening that's when SAR came and we gave them and update. And they went and got the 2 gents. In Revy now and Boulder and Frisby are closed for the other guy lost on Boudler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were able to help with getting the 2 guys stuck on Frisby ridgeI made the initial calls to the RCMP from my sat phone. We then went and were able to contact them with radios. And got them to start walking up as they were prepared to stay the night. We told them not to worry. Just take your time and start walking. We wouldn't leave till we got them. So we then rode back to the cabin just to keep the rest of our crew in the loop with what was happening that's when SAR came and we gave them and update. And they went and got the 2 gents. In Revy now and Boulder and Frisby are closed for the other guy lost on Boudler

Good job dude, hats off to ya

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What elevation is the snow line at for today's storm?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
+1C at 6000ft based off the ski hill.... Avy forecast is gonna be high out there after the snow tomorrow.

Rust

Reaction score
We were able to help with getting the 2 guys that we stuck on Frisby Ridge. I made the initial calls to the RCMP from my sat phone. We then went and were able to contact them with radios. And got them to start walking up as they were prepared to stay the night. We told them not to worry. Just take your time and start walking. We wouldn't leave till we got them. So we then rode back to the cabin just to keep the rest of our crew in the loop with what was happening that's when SAR came and we gave them and update. And they went and got the 2 gents. In Revy now and Boulder and Frisby are closed for the other guy lost on Boudler

What kind of radios are you guys carrying?

codey525

Reaction score
Rode revy area the past 4 days. Been pour visibility but headlight deep snow every day. Went to Sail today, Unfamiliar with the area so not really sure where we played, but rain didn't reach us. Snow was really wet and heavy as the afternoon went on. A couple slides triggered today. Next blue sky day will be fantastic in the Revy area.

Last edited:

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Revy again on Friday. Anybody have word on ability to access Griffin? Apparently logging was or is going on? Thanks!

Top Bottom