Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw a couple pics from sunday. As for the avalanche, deepest sympathy to all family, friends and riders that were close to him.
Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 3.33.51 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 3.15.08 PM.jpg

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it has been very deep, and still snowing. Best turns of the year. Sorry only stuck shots too busy pining it, cause if your not, your digging!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 595
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 590
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:

Spudnik

Reaction score
Where is Shaede Lane , been riding there for many years but not sure where that is.

It was near the back of Shaede Lane. We came out of the trees and saw search and rescue interviewing some witnesses. Didn't stick around to find out any more as things looked to be under control.

Condolences to the family

Sent from my iPhone using

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh

Y on God's green earth would u even get close to monster

Come on people , use ur heads

sent while I should be drinking tea's

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure lucky is the word I'd use....
He must have left his common sense at the bottom and found a quick way down to try and find it.

Sent from my iPhone using

mt.sledder

Reaction score
I'd like to know where shade lane is also. That way we can avoid it on high avy days.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know where shade lane is also. That way we can avoid it on high avy days.
Boulder.jpg

Here is a map of Boulder from the Snowmobile Club's website. Avoiding Shaede Lane during high avalanche days isn't really the answer though, in my opinion. Shaede Lane is mainly a lot of tree riding, there are some steep short pulls but the majority of it is relatively safe terrain. You'll go a lot further being able to assess risks of the terrain given the avy conditions of the day than to merely avoid an area because of a very unfortunate incident. That's my two cents anyways.

All trails leading to it are closed you can only get there by bush riding and I'm pretty sure even then there's signs.

I'm not sure what trails or signs you're talking about. You might have Shaede Lane confused with the Viedeman trial which has been closed this last week due to the high avalanche risk.

Top Bottom