Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group of 5 made it to the green tower and played there. Enless snow with a few grenades to watch for. I didn't see any other tracks. I'd say we were the first there this winter. Video editing this week from my gopro, then will throw it up

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody must be doing the snow dance. Looking like up to a foot in town Monday night! Next weeks gonna be good!

Cant wait to hit the fresh snow! Im Mikes friend that you are picking up along the way.

If anyone else is out riding this weekend looks like we are headed up on Thursday.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
I headed out on my sled today and was lucky enough to meet up with three young guys from Alberta. We met up on the marker poles on Frisby ridge and I took them down into the dead man creek area and headed the low way to the green tower. The powder was insanely deep and it was in our face all day. I tried to get some action shots of these guys but I have never seen three guys get stuck so much. They told me it was only their second year of mountain riding and they have never riden in deep powder before. Fun was had by all and we got out by dark. I had a great day, hope they did too. Great group of guys. I am posting a few pics of their day, too many stucks to count.

Attachments

• 2013-11-17 13.04.18 (2).jpg
    2013-11-17 13.04.18 (2).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 983
  • 2013-11-17 13.15.56.jpg
    2013-11-17 13.15.56.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 984
  • 2013-11-17 13.16.42.jpg
    2013-11-17 13.16.42.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 979
  • 2013-11-17 15.43.39.jpg
    2013-11-17 15.43.39.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 981

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I headed out on my sled today and was lucky enough to meet up with three young guys from Alberta. We met up on the marker poles on Frisby ridge and I took them down into the dead man creek area and headed the low way to the green tower. The powder was insanely deep and it was in our face all day. I tried to get some action shots of these guys but I have never seen three guys get stuck so much. They told me it was only their second year of mountain riding and they have never riden in deep powder before. Fun was had by all and we got out by dark. I had a great day, hope they did too. Great group of guys. I am posting a few pics of their day, too many stucks to count.

It's always nice to meat up with someone that will show someone else around! Really jealous right now that it wasn't me there.

M1200turbo

Reaction score
hey im riding golden wensday buddy sent me pic and looks good and deep if you wana save yourself a hr and a half il be there riding solo

dwight3566

Reaction score
3 of us will be there Wednesday night and sledding Thursday and Friday, more then welcome to tag along. This is our first time in Revelstoke so would love to meet up with someone that knows the area.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is your first time and you can't find a local to ride with I would suggest getting a guide. It doesn't take very long to get to somewhere you don't want to be and visibility can disappear in an instant.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2.

Even if u know it well and socks in its tuff.

Lots of places to drop where u don't want to be.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL... I really like the last one where they are all looking at you. Im thinking they are all stuck in the same spot waiting for you to help. Thanks for the pics coming up this weekend.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us will be there Wednesday night and sledding Thursday and Friday, more then welcome to tag along. This is our first time in Revelstoke so would love to meet up with someone that knows the area.
I'm sure u heard about the rescue out of the toilet bowl that's straight right of the cabin at boulder so don't even head in that direction and the other spot we found is on the cut block on the east side of the mountain over looking the revy it' on the main trail heading toward the cabin. U hit the top of this cut block and your not carful it's a long way down these are the 2 spots of many that i'm sure are out their so ride safe and have a good time.

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We will be heading out wednesday as well. I have never been there but the other guys have been there a few times. Hopefully there is some local guys that know the area that dont mind showing us around!!

Uzeste

Reaction score
Have the trails been groomed yet or will the groomers be running this weekend.
Would make life a lot better:cool:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the trails been groomed yet or will the groomers be running this weekend.
Would make life a lot better:cool:

Trails were not groomed this past weekend. Were in pretty rough shape. Parking at KM 2.5 and was slushy snow there.

Hopefully they start soon

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we will be there sat thru tues .....i will post pics of cabin and probe for snow depth if someone else doesnt beat me to it.

Top Bottom