Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

Yaco

Reaction score
Hopefully some locals will post how far up the tail at Boulder you have to drive as it is most likely about 2 KM up at the junction or to the upper parking lot on the Kirkup - depends on snow levels. Highway cams show dirt in town - so most likely the lower parking lot at Boulder won't have snow. Now that can change really quickly this time of the year - so check the web cams and see if someone posts where they are unloading from. If you have to drive up to the junction - or the upper parking lot - you will be ok with the trailer - trail might be icy so have good tires - seen a few rigs in the ditch over the years. - getting to the parking lot earlier will give you more parking otions. last weekend at Frisby they were unloading from the parking lot - not sure if that is still the same.
Hope this helps.
T

You could unload at Frisby parking lot on the Saturday, but by Sunday morning there had been rain down low and it was back to driving about 3km up the road before unloading. I haven't been on boulder yet but the parking lot there looked even drier/dirtier than the Frisby lot. Bit of rain off and on in town and at parking lot level throughout the week so expect to drive up a few km.

Happy riding :)

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
T
Great post! And your not a local. Are you?
Deal with what you have when you get there is what I usually tell them.
See yah next for the Thundestruck preview.
Ever hear of a guy named Homer?
I have a few belts,,,,,, Beers for payback!
See yah folks then and chive on!
Snow levels are great and the mid levels are getting hit hard....Should start to cover those willow shortcuts in the next week or two.

Last edited:

carbondaddy

Reaction score
Some snowbike shots from last weekend 19Milenov1113010.jpg Brewsterpics615.jpg Brewsterpics494.jpg Brewsterpics404.jpg

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone measured depth? or have pics of cabin at boulder .....will be there next weekend.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First search and rescue of the year and had to be toilet bowl. Guy walked out the bottom. Hope this is not the trend for the year. Last year toilet bowl was the hot spot.

I really think it's time that their should be some terrain trap signs made and put up so people will stop going down their, before someone seriously gets hurts or worse.

Drifter1

Reaction score
I really think it's time that their should be some terrain trap signs made and put up so people will stop going down their, before someone seriously gets hurts or worse.

I think people should not be so stupid! Start putting up signs there were do you stop.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up to boulder cabin today - raining when we unloaded at 3km - started snowing at 6km - snowing really hard at cabin - heard helicopter at cabin around 2:30pm - kinda didnt know why helicopter would be flying up there in white out condition - but now i now why ! Went up past cabin to first couple bowls but terrain got difficult to see - white out ! headed back down ! snowing heavy ! Bottomless powder in alpine - 4 to 5 ft - still have to worry whats under every hump!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ok then its black then

WTF!!!! arnt u in arizona?
that I am and diane said she misses your sweet ass and she may not have sheapers pie or laze man cabbage ready for us and it's 35c. Long drive looking forward to revy next weekend, hope it's deep and clear but who cares we can go play in the trees. Is your sled together yet.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that I am and diane said she misses your sweet ass and she may not have sheapers pie or laze man cabbage ready for us and it's 35c. Long drive looking forward to revy next weekend, hope it's deep and clear but who cares we can go play in the trees. Is your sled together yet.
This is excellent condition info.....keep it coming. Or maybe just pm him.

Top Bottom