Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw a set of airbags in and you'll be fine.
You may be over your legal GVWR but lots of people do it all the time and have no issues.
I run bags on my 2011 RAM 1500 and have never had an issue with "The Man".
Just realize your front end will feel lighter and you should reduce your speed to compensate for the added weight of multiple sleds, gear, fuel and a passenger.
Your vehicle wasn't designed to haul the added weight so if you do get pulled over or questioned by the law just be upfront with them. You'll often find then pretty reasonable.
We can't all afford jacked one tons, especially when your dumping fat cash in to your sled!

Don't want to start a feud but this is possibly some of the worst advice I've seen on here. What do you think the outcome would be if you lost control and killed a family with a truck that isn't equipped to have that much weight. I suspect the courts wouldn't show leniency.

Jrhcars, sell the deck and buy a 2 place trailer.

Jonshow, I hope you are being sarcastic.

Last edited:

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
You may be over your legal GVWR but lots of people do it all the time and have no issues.
Just realize your front end will feel lighter and you should reduce your speed to compensate for the added weight of multiple sleds, gear, fuel and a passenger.
Your vehicle wasn't designed to haul the added weight so if you do get pulled over or questioned by the law just be upfront with them. You'll often find then pretty reasonable.
We can't all afford jacked one tons, especially when your dumping fat cash in to your sled!

Yes
...very bad advice....in BC max weight capacity goes by the weight listed on the inside of your door jam.......in AB it is different, max weight is defined by what your tires are rated for. U will get fined in BC if you are too heavy.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes
...very bad advice....in BC max weight capacity goes by the weight listed on the inside of your door jam.......in AB it is different, max weight is defined by what your tires are rated for. U will get fined in BC if you are too heavy.

Thats wrong too. You are rated by the vehicle's specifications in Alberta as well. Most E rated tires are easily rated for more weight than your 3/4 or 1 ton truck is.

Where do people get their information? And as mentioned above, if you can't afford a 3/4 or 1 ton with a deck, buy a trailer. Pretty simple and a cheaper alternative.

Whoever thinks it's fine to overload yor truck regularly, you're an a$$hole and hopefully you get busted by the fuzz or lose control of your own vehicle by yourself before you hurt others.

Yaco

Reaction score

Incorrect! Being over your weight limit cannot be solved by simple air bags. Brakes and axles among other things are also one of the reasons for a vehicles weight limits. If you are over weight, you are changing the suspension dynamics to the point of where the vehicle may not hand correctly. You're braking power/efficiency is also compromised and you may not be able to stop your vehicle as it's designed to. There's a while number of factors. Cause a collision and if CVSE inspects your vehicle+load and determines you were way over weight, and it was a factor in the collision, and you are totally up ****s creek without a paddle and a hole in the canoe!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the snow must be deep! Cause everyone is talking about hauling there sleds there so there must be a reason to haul them!

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
my crew will be up there...were staying at the smokey bear (right accross the road) we will have a white enclosed trailer with a red dodge mega cab we all ride cats fire me a pm closer to the date your more then welcome to ride with us.

Thanks for the invite! I sent you a pm but it's not showing up in my sent folder. Let me know if you didn't get one. Thanks again!

JONSHOW

Reaction score
Incorrect! Being over your weight limit cannot be solved by simple air bags....!

You know what I like about this Revy conditions thread? All the wicked info on conditions
rolleyes.png
Who gives a fawk about some douche and his half ton,,,jesus....

Jeezus. The group is right, if anyone wants to continue this discussion, it should be taken over here:

I apologize for plugging the thread up with bull****.

Last edited:

wclark

Reaction score
Two seperate times it has happened in our group. First time our bud got pulled over in Golden and had to call us in Revy to come grab one of his sleds as DOT wouldn't let him move on with two sleds on his half ton. Second time was in Revy coming from boulder after a day of riding where another friend was checked and was told to remove one of his sleds, and was ticketed for having his sled hanging over his short box deck without a red light beacon behind the hanginout track. Both time we warned them both, so it happens alot from my experience, if your coming from a distance I wouldn't chance it, find a trailer. Your call! I get stop and checked about a half a dozon times or so a year in golden and Revy. Heard cases in Valemount before too. Again totally up to you.

Dfewchuk868

Reaction score
Headin up tommorow but runnin solo for the day. Haven't been up and wouldn't mind someone to stick with. If anyone else is headin up let me know. Appreciate it

HAYDENC

Reaction score
Make sure to take photos and upload them! Thinking About coming up this weekend. Let us know where about you have to park and if you could take a trailer up
thanks

framtam

Reaction score
There are currently 32 users browsing this thread. (24 members and 8 guests)

'
tis the season!! :cool:

legeto87

Reaction score
Hey heading to revy tomorrow from edmonton just wondering how driving conditions are and which spots the easiest to unload and park a 36' trailer? I'm new to this area and want to know which is the best area to get use to the snow conditions? Thanks

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Hey heading to revy tomorrow from edmonton just wondering how driving conditions are and which spots the easiest to unload and park a 36' trailer? I'm new to this area and want to know which is the best area to get use to the snow conditions? Thanks

Boulder mountain has a huge parking lot, access to alot of areas from there.

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some locals will post how far up the tail at Boulder you have to drive as it is most likely about 2 KM up at the junction or to the upper parking lot on the Kirkup - depends on snow levels. Highway cams show dirt in town - so most likely the lower parking lot at Boulder won't have snow. Now that can change really quickly this time of the year - so check the web cams and see if someone posts where they are unloading from. If you have to drive up to the junction - or the upper parking lot - you will be ok with the trailer - trail might be icy so have good tires - seen a few rigs in the ditch over the years. - getting to the parking lot earlier will give you more parking otions. last weekend at Frisby they were unloading from the parking lot - not sure if that is still the same.
Hope this helps.
T

Top Bottom