Official REVY Riding Conditions 2013/14

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • +,

Yaco

Reaction score
People unloading at parking lot for frisby. Gotta drive up boulder still.

Yaco

Reaction score
Went up Frisby today. No longer unloading at parking lot. Had rain down low. Drove up to around the 3km mark or so and unloaded there. Was doubling with the GF so didn't go exploring too much up top. Definitely need more snow before leaving the trail can be considered safe in most places. Lots of stumps, logs, rocks, and saplings poking through all over the place.

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Went up Frisby today. No longer unloading at parking lot. Had rain down low. Drove up to around the 3km mark or so and unloaded there. Was doubling with the GF so didn't go exploring too much up top. Definitely need more snow before leaving the trail can be considered safe in most places. Lots of stumps, logs, rocks, and saplings poking through all over the place.

Wow, no kidding. Does every body realise it is November! There are going to be all kinds of hazards out at this time of year. If you are Afraid to do damage stay home for another 2 months. If you want to enjoy early season conditions come out and enjoy. I ride this time of year every year for the last 12 years. This is some of the best snow for the first ride of the year.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got off the mountain. Been up there since 1000. Saw 5 sleds early on then we disappeared and had clear skies until the sun set. You can ride off the trail as long as you can look at a mound of snow and have the ability to say that's probably a rock. Or a long berm is likely a log. A tree top, well, go figure.

Best day of three was today. Seen sleds limping off the mountain, guess we are just lucky. Probed 110cm most of the places we were.

sent from a top secret location

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Speaking of carnage, we helped this guy out of Frisby yesterday with his M1100. Blatantly spinning through tree tops, stopped dead and over the bars. The other pics are from yesterday. Had wicked fun breaking trail. Tapped a boulder but no damage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 955
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 961
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 947

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a powderless claw rolled up by the cabin. Figured they stabbed it.

Might throw some pics up later, enjoy your season.

DSC_0881.jpg

sent from a top secret location

Last edited:

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there helping the guy with the track that came off what a way to start the season.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Yaco

Reaction score
Wow, no kidding. Does every body realise it is November! There are going to be all kinds of hazards out at this time of year. If you are Afraid to do damage stay home for another 2 months. If you want to enjoy early season conditions come out and enjoy. I ride this time of year every year for the last 12 years. This is some of the best snow for the first ride of the year.

Just letting people know what to expect. No need for attitude.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there helping the guy with the track that came off what a way to start the season.

Hey man. I was the guy with the orange XM. Yeah unfortunately the guy we were helping wouldn't even take his own track out of the backcountry. A couple other guys took his track to the cabin because he wouldn't. Barely even got a thanks for the 2 hours + we spent with him. Not to mention drinking on the hill and cruising home with his two kids in the truck.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man. I was the guy with the orange XM. Yeah unfortunately the guy we were helping wouldn't even take his own track out of the backcountry. We hauled it out ourselves to the cabin. Barely even got a thanks for the 2 hours + we spent with him. Not to mention drinking on the hill and cruising home with his two kids in the truck.
It's chit like this that makes me reluctant to help anymore.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately the guy we were helping wouldn't even take his own track out of the backcountry. We hauled it out ourselves to the cabin. Barely even got a thanks for the 2 hours + we spent with him. Not to mention drinking on the hill and cruising home with his two kids in the truck.

That's lame. People like that ruin it for everyone else.

Good job keeping the back country clean.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I edited my original post. I didn't personally bring the track out. Was another guy in another group that was also helping. We were all pretty stunned by the guy's ignorance.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.

Yeah I know I was floored by that. It's guys like that get areas shut down that maybe me mad. Yes I did help him more than I should of. I'm not being the nice guy anymore. I feel sorry for his kids. He was smashed. Poor kids.

And not being part of his group.

Nice meeting you.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Hey man. I was the guy with the orange XM. Yeah unfortunately the guy we were helping wouldn't even take his own track out of the backcountry. A couple other guys took his track to the cabin because he wouldn't. Barely even got a thanks for the 2 hours + we spent with him. Not to mention drinking on the hill and cruising home with his two kids in the truck.
Sounds like a total DB....that sucks.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey.

Yeah I know I was floored by that. It's guys like that get areas shut down that maybe me mad. Yes I did help him more than I should of. I'm not being the nice guy anymore. I feel sorry for his kids. He was smashed. Poor kids.

And not being part of his group.

Nice meeting you.

Good meeting you too. Was a good experience anyways!

Top Bottom