Octane mixes???

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you fellow sled heads running for octane levels and what mods are you running with them?

Trying to find that happy level without going pop.

As well, I have heard that there is a limit to octane levels that should be run before the engine is robbed of power. Any input would be great.

Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depeends on alot of variables like engine compression and ratio. but for me running nitrous and high compression and some other mods i use 5L of c111 with every tank of 91 octane premium. never had a problem. it is true that if your motor is not designed around running a raceing fuel it will be robbed of power.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depeends on alot of variables like engine compression and ratio. but for me running nitrous and high compression and some other mods i use 5L of c111 with every tank of 91 octane premium. never had a problem. it is true that if your motor is not designed around running a raceing fuel it will be robbed of power.

I ran a mix of C111 and premium 91 last year and dislike this due to the cost of fuel and having to mix it. My sled has a high altitude head running 13.5 to 1 compression and I have 135-140lbs on each side. Do you think that it would be beneficial for me to run strait 100 octane AV fuel or would I have to mix this as well? I am guessing this octane level would probably be a little high but it would solve both my problems if it would work without robbing power. I'm just looking for an opinion. I know I would need a engineer to figure out my setup.

Thanks for the help.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14:1 on several motors over the years. Single pipe, trail porting. 50% AV gas, 50% Prem91 at home (2800-3000 feet). 30% AV gas, 70% Prem91 in Revy (6000-7000 feet)

Top Bottom