O7 Grizzly

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hey everyone . I'm thinking about buying a 07- 700 Grizzly. But kind of leary of the new model year with EPS and EFI. Just wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with them. I think I should wait till 2008 models come out . Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got around 7-800k on mine with no problems. Power steering is unreal, no bump steer at all and you can lock the front diff and still steer with one hand. Lots of power with the 700 and it really wakes up after about 40 hrs. I think it has a break in chip or something. My only concern is the lack of protection for the cv boots. I poked a hole in one last weekend and it damaged the cv joint. I was still able to ride by taking the axle apart. I checked out highlifter forum and there hasn't been many issues with this Quad.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply xtremegriz. I should be able to wait till fall for the 2008. It is time to sell my 97 Kodiak. 7,800kms is not to bad. Still runs and works good but it is starting to look like a baby quad.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of guys on the outlaw atv club site having overheating issues when riding in mud. That and steam causing it to hesitate when you go through big water holes.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Kodiac does the same thing,drives me crazy!
catmando!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya ,i have heard of the steam issues. My buddies 660 does that to.I think the overheating issues have gotten a little better but not perfect.

Molsondrinkr

Reaction score
I haven't had steam issues on my 700. It is common on the 660's. And the 07 700 has been out over a year now, so any issues would have cropped up by now IMO. Nothing has really changed for 08's.

Biggest issues I could find were, a stalling issue (which seems to improve after break in), cheap CV protectors. Pressure build up in gas tank. (this can be corrected with a different valve) Probably done already on the 08's. And a poor dipstick design.

It's a great bike.

Later
Molsondrinkr

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my budys dad has a 07 griz and it duz steam but its not as bad as my dads 660 and my 08 450 grizz the only problem is it stalls the odd time

I just bought two 07 700's and the one seems to stall some times as well, glad to hear that it gets better as they break in.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stalling Stops usually around 500KM's

Steam isnt nearly as bad on the 700 its no worse than other ATV's ive plowed water with .

My 07 660 doesn't do it nearly as bad as the 06 did .. im thinking its more because its jetted piped and has a After market intake so its better that way.

The mud ive only seen become a problem when its not washed out of the rad after each ride if your entering mud up to the rad. and yes ive seen it boil out over that .. we washed it off and it had no further problems.

the EFI And EPS have been very good from what i hear. as well as the EPS just cuts out if it fails and your steering goes back to manual steer not really something to worry about imho.

those are my 2 cents . the 700Griz is a great machine and id recommend it to anyone.

The only reason i didnt buy one was at the time i bought this 660 the 700's were having LOW gear stuck in problems which they fixed soon after.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well I think those new grizzlys are amphibious. A 'cat ' would have got scared ,don't u think?

cuzican

Reaction score
I currently have a 500 and 800 polaris sportsman. the 500 is mostly for my wife to ride. My cousin bought a grizz 660 and it runs about dead even with my 800 but it is soooooo much lighter and handles better. I'm seriously considering trading my 800 in for a new grizz with eps. I wish I had rode a grizz before buying my polaris. I'd also like to trade the 500 in for a raptor or a yfz450.
I grew up riding yamaha dirt bikes. bought polaris when I decided to get into atv's. Now I wish I had stuck with the yamahas.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
What is the weight of that 800 Polaris? I kinda thought they were around 700 dry? And back to the Grizzly they must have moved the air intake up higher because the gas tank is under the seat i have been told .They (the internet) say it is better for lowering the center of gravity. Who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuzican

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the dry weight is but I remember comparing owners manuals and if I remember right the grizz is 70-80 pounds lighter. I could be way off though, it has been a year since we compared.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
air intakes on the 700s are under the gas tank or where it used to be more forward i believe*had to clairify more* . the air intakes are not what usually swamps the quads its typicaly getting water down a belt housing on the yamahas.. again it was improved on the 700s and routed to the front instead of having exhaust in the back..

problem with that was when you sink the rear in sand exiting a creek for instance it drops down fills the clutch with water and slips and you cant get out even if your front tires are on dry ground cuz no power to the wheels.

yes i had it happen to me ONCE.. then i snorkeld the rear clutch exhaust

the circle is pointing out the eps but near the top of the engine you can see the air filter

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i now have 3400 kms on mine and ya it still wants to do the stall thing..keep the oil and air filters clean and it is a quite trouble free machine,the way it eats up the bumps is incredible and the power steering...i wouldnt buy another without it..the only time the arm get tired is when you do wheelies all day...take good care of it and it will take good care of you..see ya on the trail:beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I got 2100 k on mine now,the only problem i had was the reverse sensor switch,it screwed up and the reverse light would come on ,and hit the rev limiter ,,really sucks and dangerous if going up hill,Other than that it is the best quad on the market in my opinion

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my reverse sensor was disconnected on purpose when i took it in for its first maintenance...it will go as fast backwards as it does frontwards..the only thing is the reverse light dont come on...so what...when those 27s rotate in reverse it really throws the mud high in the air....i would not recomend dooing that if you are a novice rider tho..it will wheelie over in reverse and could be very dangerous if you don't know what yer dooing...see ya on the trail:beer:

Top Bottom