Nytro Tunnel Dump Exhaust

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a tunnel dump exhaust for the Nytro. Less weight than stock...... by lots. No melted gas cans or tunnel bags, accompanied with a light weight seat that has a storage compartment. Most inexpensive, biggest gains in weight reduction. Exhaust sounds wicked too.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 393

Egon

Reaction score
I like how these exhaust looks like :Cool9:
I am looking for an exhaust system with less weight then stock but I do not want it to be loud. So I am thinking of trying to make a tunnel dump exhaust on my RTX but I dont know if it would be possible? Do you have to have an MTX for this system?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how these exhaust looks like :Cool9:
I am looking for an exhaust system with less weight then stock but I do not want it to be loud. So I am thinking of trying to make a tunnel dump exhaust on my RTX but I dont know if it would be possible? Do you have to have an MTX for this system?

Tunnel dump will work on the RTX. MTX, and XTX

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope... No worries at all. The only way the track would touch the exhaust is if the rear bracket bolts fell out.....:eek:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way... The bracket on the tunnel is the rear right side..... the Exhaust tip is out past the rear top idler wheel...... There is lots of room in the tunnel..... This exhaust has more clearance than a turbo installed in the tunnel.......... and no ice doesn't build up on it.... Its hot Silly.....:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Can't wait to see it on the mountains.
By the way... The bracket on the tunnel is the rear right side..... the Exhaust tip is out past the rear top idler wheel...... There is lots of room in the tunnel..... This exhaust has more clearance than a turbo installed in the tunnel.......... and no ice doesn't build up on it.... Its hot Silly.....:d

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a tunnel dump exhaust for the Nytro. Less weight than stock...... by lots. No melted gas cans or tunnel bags, accompanied with a light weight seat that has a storage compartment. Most inexpensive, biggest gains in weight reduction. Exhaust sounds wicked too.

Wow that looks sick:thumbsup2: When are you posting a vid of what it sounds like? Can't wait to hear that exhaust... Nice and clean looking to boot... Keep up the good work Neil.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope to post video/sound clip as soon as it snows here....... I would prefer to record it riping around under load.... rather than in the garage as it would not sound as good. I have the same set-up on my Apex.... they sound very similar.

Egon

Reaction score
Be an expensive call from Sweden...LOL:d

Probably, I rather use the Internet :)
I am thinking of using an slip on from a street bike but was not sure if it was enough clearance. Or if the MTX had different brackets (drop brackets?)

M5-

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my glasspack with snow deflector I slapped on my Nytro. I'm using an Excell header from a Vector. Old muffler weighed 13.96 lbs the glass pack is just under 4 lbs, also a couple of pics of the tunnel I built so it all makes sense.

M5

Attachments

• Undertun1.jpg
    Undertun1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 257
  • undertun2.jpg
    undertun2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Nytrotun1.jpg
    Nytrotun1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 259
  • Nytrotun5.jpg
    Nytrotun5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 255

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks great M5.... Most Excellent.:wtg:
The only concern I would have is with your pipe opening straight out the back. I have tryed this and found the exhaust to get choked in deep snow conditions and the tunnel got really hot where the deflector was making contact to the tunnel. I installed a down turn and it really made a differance.

M5-

Reaction score
That looks great M5.... Most Excellent.:wtg:
The only concern I would have is with your pipe opening straight out the back. I have tryed this and found the exhaust to get choked in deep snow conditions and the tunnel got really hot where the deflector was making contact to the tunnel. I installed a down turn and it really made a differance.

I've installed this setup on 3 sleds so far and haven't had any real problems. The aluminum deflector plate is removable so I can try some different shapes if need be. When I first installed the glasspack on my Rx a few years ago I had a downturn on it and ended up cutting it off cause it was hitting my track on full compression so I didn't bother putting one on this sled. If it doesn't work out no great expense and I can always try something else. I'll post a few more pics when I get it all together. I've actually got the track and skid in now as well as the seat so all it needs is the body panels to go back on after the new subframe.

M5

Top Bottom