Nytro Steering relocation

Mike Day

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 2009 Nytro MTX, and I've been doing lots of research regarding the handlebar positioning. I'm 6'1 and the stock set up is not working for me. I don't want to put just a pivot adapter on there because the steering geometry gets all wacky. I've looked at the OFT relocater, and that looks good and I've ridden a Nytro with it installed. Has anyone on here had any experience with this, or the Black Diamond Racing steering post kit? Black Diamond says their kit moves the post about 25 degrees. here is the link

Any Info on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard of lots of guys running the cr steering re-locate and few running the oft but have never tried either. Makes scents to move the steering further ahead to get your body weight more over the engine mass for more agility.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 2009 Nytro MTX, and I've been doing lots of research regarding the handlebar positioning. I'm 6'1 and the stock set up is not working for me. I don't want to put just a pivot adapter on there because the steering geometry gets all wacky. I've looked at the OFT relocater, and that looks good and I've ridden a Nytro with it installed. Has anyone on here had any experience with this, or the Black Diamond Racing steering post kit? Black Diamond says their kit moves the post about 25 degrees. here is the link

Any Info on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I put a CR "T" post on mine coupled with an OFT relocator and loved this combination!!

JDen

Reaction score
That black diamond extreme deal looks slick! That would be the best way to get the post up without making geometry all goofy, anyone have any experience with these? I would also like to know. I have a CR relocate...works fine, but is still more up and down arm movement than I would prefer, farther ahead would be great.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on a pivot adapter and an 8" risor and I love it. Took a lil bit to find the sweet spot in the geometry regarding how far forward to pivot the risor but its good now. You will have to track down a longer throttle and brake line though. But I'm 6'4 and it works great for me.

JDen

Reaction score
I would just like it for the more rider forward positioning, not height adjustment. I'd like to try one out.

Top Bottom