Nytro rear bumper kit

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Ok so the best voted design was one of our firsts. Here it is. Have a good look. Bottom left corner is left for item name/product name or may even be left blank for customer customization. This design is going to hit the water jet cnc table tomorrow so any slight mods to the design that you guys think should be done, please let us know now. This is the piece that goes on the side of the tunnel for added support......in the days that follow we will be installing tube style boards welded directly onto this design piece, an integrated rear grab bar/bumper, and a section of tunnel to extend/ replace the piece with all the holes in it left by removal of the stock tail light. Thanks for all the comments and concerns through the design stage and hopefully you can expect to see them available for purchase in the upcoming month. Nytro Complete.jpg

craptabulous

Reaction score
i'm looking forward to seeing it on a sled , it looks like it will have a tipped up tail like an arctic cat . something i am a big fan of .

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
IMG_0572.jpg IMG_0573.jpg IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0571.jpg ok here is another progress report.....looks like these sides will work for EITHER a 163" with extension AND it can also permit the use of the stock tunnel section for the guys that have a 153 and don't want to change out the stock tail light. Here are some pics. I am wrapping my prototype sled in vinyl wrap to cover all the rivet holes that were in it from the previous owner. I can make the sides available soon as an individual part for guys that want to do their own mods. Let me know what you guys think of the bumper extension/ tunnel support so far. Thanks

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those look great. I like the thick area right above the rear mount.
I have a TB 162 tunnel with only a partial stiffner plate up to the rear mount. I was hit from behind last season & now have a creased tunnel right at the mount.
Talked to several other AM tunnel owners & they say that it is common to bend, crease the tunnel in that area jumping or rollovers.

What is the cost on a set of these plates? I would be interested if they could match up to my tunnel & without the bumper extension. I would even take just a section over the rear mount.

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
IMG_0578.jpg IMG_0579.jpg IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0581.jpg So far the stiffeners are installed.....rear grab bar will get riveted in. I used all of the stock components of the tunnel.......just wrapped everything in vinyl wrap to hide the holes at the rear. My metal guy cracked some ribs so I won't have the extension for a while, although this should be compatible with other tunnel extensions. Just waiting on the tube style boards and the kit will be good to go. The stiffeners are made out of 1/8" aluminum plate.....I am wondering if you guys would like to see something thicker although this keeps it respectively light. Here are some more pics. Enjoy....and as always....feedback is appreciated until we can kick off into production.

Darrel 59

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nytro stock 162 tunnel when would you have this available I am looking for something like this to put a hitch on my sled

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
The problem I see is that the kit makes the tunnel tip up at the end thus making pulling anything more stressfull on the tunnel. I would look at just getting the rear bumper hitch kit from yamaha.

Top Bottom