Nytro hand warmers failing

jmercer

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there to see if anybody has any ideas regarding my hand warmer problems. Around 700km on my 2010 Nytro, my right hand warmer died. No broken wires in between, the grip itself just burnt out. Ohmed out at infinite resistance. No problem I figured, so I replaced it with a new Yamaha one and went on my way.

900km the left hand warmer died. Exact same symptoms. Ohmed out at infinite resistance right at the grip itself, not at the end of the connecter. Seemed strange to me, but figured maybe I have bad luck and got a bad run of hand warmers or something. Again replaced with factory Yamaha.

1400km, the right one just died again. Exact same symptoms once again. Now I do believe I have bad luck, but not that bad. The things never get hot enough to physically burn out, they just die randomly. Anyone heard of this happening before or experienced it? At a bit of a loss on this one.

Thanks!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They fail where the element curves on the hook causing an open circut. On my nytro I just got a handwarmer kit with normal elements that dont go on the hook and wired them in...all has been good since. You will need new grips also, the yamaha ones are to large and fit loose. Also if you want the warmers to really heat quickly, just spray some expanding foam in the bars.

jmercer

Reaction score
They fail where the element curves on the hook causing an open circut. On my nytro I just got a handwarmer kit with normal elements that dont go on the hook and wired them in...all has been good since. You will need new grips also, the yamaha ones are to large and fit loose. Also if you want the warmers to really heat quickly, just spray some expanding foam in the bars.

Ah so thats where the problem is? Didn't realize that. Makes sense I guess. I get a pretty iron grip going on sometimes to throw the sled around so I must be twisting too much or something. Never saw any visible breakage there but I know it doesn't take much. Where did you get the straight element ones from?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah so thats where the problem is? Didn't realize that. Makes sense I guess. I get a pretty iron grip going on sometimes to throw the sled around so I must be twisting too much or something. Never saw any visible breakage there but I know it doesn't take much. Where did you get the straight element ones from?

You can get them from Parts Canada, Motovan etc from the local dealer...I believe I used Moose ones.

Top Bottom