nytro engine fail

rotaxrider

Reaction score
I have a 2008 nytro with an mcx 240 kit, sled was running fine in the morning when I loaded it on the trailer 5 hours later in the Allan parking lot would not start; fired a couple times but ran rough for maybe 15 seconds then die, put my hand over the exhaust and turn it over and it would suck and blow, why would this happen??? , 94 husky gas , 12 pounds of boost, always changed the oil , 2700kms on the sled total turboed fRom new

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 nytro with an mcx 240 kit, sled was running fine in the morning when I loaded it on the trailer 5 hours later in the Allan parking lot would not start; fired a couple times but ran rough for maybe 15 seconds then die, put my hand over the exhaust and turn it over and it would suck and blow, why would this happen??? , 94 husky gas , 12 pounds of boost, always changed the oil , 2700kms on the sled total turboed fRom new

Just a tough try unplugging the mcx box, would you say it's flooding?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Does Husky use ethanol or methanol in their gas? Did you have any old gas? Did the motor get super hot?

Hopefully just a headshim.

rotaxrider

Reaction score
Not sure about the gas types but the tank was drained and filled with fresh gas, it seemed like it was flooded , haven't unplugged the mcx box I'll Havre to wait till Monday when the sled is home from blue river , and I don't think I ever got the motor super hot

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the gas types but the tank was drained and filled with fresh gas, it seemed like it was flooded , haven't unplugged the mcx box I'll Havre to wait till Monday when the sled is home from blue river , and I don't think I ever got the motor super hot

I'm thinking stuck injector, common problem with Mcx injector.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the motor is fine but you have some sort of fuel or electrical issue,something come off or come lose from the ride in the trailer.

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Reaction score
Could be a lot of different things. Check simple things first. Injectors would be a good start. Check oil and coolant. These would narrow things down a bit. -Cody

rotaxrider

Reaction score
Would it not be a valve issue , I put my hand over the exhaust and it sucks on my hand when I turn it over??

Redneckboost

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing a couple years ago. Ran fine nd loaded it in the trailer nd unloaded it in revy nd it started to run like crap and it dropped 2 valves. Luckily they got burrs and didnt fall onto the piston. A compression test will tell.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check for a vacuum leak....I had the exact thing happen a few years back...went to unload it and it would start run rough and die....thought the fellas were screwing around....found that my adjustment screw on the bov wiggled out causing vacuum problems.....something else to check anyway....

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Most likely cold fouled plugs. Very common if the sled wasnt ran for very long before you loaded it. Try changing the plugs, easy, cheap then move to more complicated things. Wouldn't worry too much about the exhaust issue. Stock cams have some overlap, (there is a point when intake and exhaust valves are partially open at the same time), this is needed for proper cylinder scavenging when the sleds are naturally aspirated. Had the exact thing happen to my turbo nytro and my friends T-Apex. Both fouled plugs from starting, loading in trailer or truck then shutting off.
Also like Turblue said a vacumn like will cause the same affect as well.

rotaxrider

Reaction score
well finally got a chance to work on it , it ended up being a bad spark plug changed them fired right up , thanks for all the input from everyone , be carful who you listen too cause it went from me thinking motor is gone [ thanks buddy in the allen parking lot ] too a $15 fix that i could have done in 15 minutes

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet, thats good to hear !!!!

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine done this just once never let it warm up when loading now I just Waite till it warms up to load

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well finally got a chance to work on it , it ended up being a bad spark plug changed them fired right up , thanks for all the input from everyone , be carful who you listen too cause it went from me thinking motor is gone [ thanks buddy in the allen parking lot ] too a $15 fix that i could have done in 15 minutes

yup like i said they dont blow up in the trailer,the odd one that take out a head gasket wont show till it goes through one cold cycle but best to start simple anyway & go from there.

rotaxrider

Reaction score
Well now I've lost compression on one cylinder , a lot of black smoke out the tail pipe , I was about 7/8 throttle , must be a valve ?

Top Bottom