NWR - Sturgeon Refinery producing diesel! Will prices drop??

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NDP are just the latest at the trough and a little greedier than the previous ones... The carbon tax creates a slush fund for them to to transfer money around mostly into general revenue where it disappears. Waiting to see what happens to electricity prices as they are taking some of the coal plants off line.

About the only thing Alberta NDP can claim is that other jurisdictions are taxed harder. Boy, does BC ever squeeze the thumb screws on its residents.

http://www.finance.alberta.ca/publications/tax_rebates/rates/hist1.html

All this tax caused by ndp. New dopy people

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
provincial tax on fuel from 2015 increased from 9 cents to 13, one needs to include the 4.5 cents from Jan 1 2017 carbon tax and the 2.5 cent increase Jan 1 2018 carbon tax (plus gst), I guess the Ndp don't call it a tax. Since 2015 real tax on gasoline has increased 126% (9 cents to 20.35 cents)

I wouldn't say Ndp are a "little greedier" deflecting on previous conservative governments for that kick in the nuts, all while the stupid Twits RN and JT are running a multi billion dollar deficits. Clicking the embedded link to "carbon levy" paints a much different story that RN and JT have cost us.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NDP are just the latest at the trough and a little greedier than the previous ones... The carbon tax creates a slush fund for them to to transfer money around mostly into general revenue where it disappears. Waiting to see what happens to electricity prices as they are taking some of the coal plants off line.

About the only thing Alberta NDP can claim is that other jurisdictions are taxed harder. Boy, does BC ever squeeze the thumb screws on its residents.

http://www.finance.alberta.ca/publications/tax_rebates/rates/hist1.html
I've been watching power prices as well. Since Sundance 1 & 2 went offline New year's Eve and the 50% increase in the carbon tax wholesale prices have jumped 50%.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the last link did not include mention of the carbon tax I am sure for the reason you mention. I was just curious what the taxes were historically and found that one. I did include the carbon tax in my previous post though. What surprised me when I was looking was just how much tax was charged in the Washington State. Always thought it was less than that. Seems politicians everywhere are hooked on fuel, cigarette, booze and soon to be marijuana taxes.

BTW I prefer understatement so when I say ""little greedier" I am assuming everyone understands I mean "c#cksucking m@therf&cking gouging leeches.."and so on. :)

provincial tax on fuel from 2015 increased from 9 cents to 13, one needs to include the 4.5 cents from Jan 1 2017 carbon tax and the 2.5 cent increase Jan 1 2018 carbon tax (plus gst), I guess the Ndp don't call it a tax. Since 2015 real tax on gasoline has increased 126% (9 cents to 20.35 cents)

I wouldn't say Ndp are a "little greedier" deflecting on previous conservative governments for that kick in the nuts, all while the stupid Twits RN and JT are running a multi billion dollar deficits. Clicking the embedded link to "carbon levy" paints a much different story that RN and JT have cost us.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Everything on the internet is true???????

There is no way in hell that those bimbo's are Miss USA candidates."

You're probably right, they are most likely high ranking politicians.

Last edited:

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Climate Barbie kept mentioning forest fires and flooding in canada are the signs of global warming.......Really?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Climate Barbie kept mentioning forest fires and flooding in canada are the signs of global warming.......Really?
I guess she wasn't aware of any fires or floods in the previous century so it just couldn't have happened. Sigh

Top Bottom