Nut on Hub HELP

bikerboy4ever

Reaction score
i blew the rear cv joint on my 08 kodiak 450. Im trying to get the nut off the hub. I pryed the dent up that keeps the nut from backing off and hit it with the impact but it wont move. Does anyone know if this is L/H thread? Its the L/H side that im trying to remove

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not reverse thread, should come off, put a large socket on the nut and hit the socket square on with a large hammer and try again if that doesnt work use a little heat.... shouldnt be seized but you never know.

T

bikerboy4ever

Reaction score
That worked great! Now I have another question problem. I have the outer cv joint off expect the knuckle is still on the shaft. I dont see a circlip or anything holding it on. Im guessing this is pressed on and requires a puller to get it off??? your Thoughts before i add to my tool collection.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok is it the knuckle/joint closest to the wheel or diff. because heres the poop

the joint/ off the diff is sold separetly, the joint off the wheel should not come apart from the axle itself its and assembly... good luck

T

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just pull the the hole cv assembly should come out of the diff as one part, if it dosent you might have some issues i have never experanced. try twisting and pulling, most axles pop out with less than 50 lbs of force. its just a clip holding it in.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya sorry you should be able to just grab the axle jerk it towards the wheel and the clip should pop out, if it doesnt you may have to take the boot off by the diff first.

good luck

T

bikerboy4ever

Reaction score
So calling around today i found that the CND version is a half shaft assembly. the bad news is the parts are not available so far. Anyone have any idea where i can find the part, this sucks right before the long weekend!!! PN that I have is 452-2530U-00-00
Its a 08 Kodiak 450 SE, rear outer L/H side. Any help would be great!!

Top Bottom