November 24-28 Sledding

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Coming up to Mcbride or Valemount November 24-28, just wondering if anyone else was planning a trip around that time? Also wondering if anyone has heard of any new snow conditions for those areas.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Thanks man, i'm still a little slow with snow and mud, haven't used it that much i guess, just thought i'd throw it out there because it seems like everyone else does it

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks man, i'm still a little slow with snow and mud, haven't used it that much i guess, just thought i'd throw it out there because it seems like everyone else does it

Practise ,Practise,Practise,.........you need any info or help pm me!
catmando!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming up to Mcbride or Valemount November 24-28, just wondering if anyone else was planning a trip around that time? Also wondering if anyone has heard of any new snow conditions for those areas.

We are heading up Friday Nov 26, sledding the 27th and 28th. Not sure which areas we are gonna hit, hopefully there is a bunch of snow between now and then...... Have you been to McBride much before?

sleliuk1

Reaction score
We are heading up Friday Nov 26, sledding the 27th and 28th. Not sure which areas we are gonna hit, hopefully there is a bunch of snow between now and then...... Have you been to McBride much before?

x2 on the snow! It looks pretty sketchy for this next week, but who knows how accurate the forecast is! Yeah i pretty much go to mcbride the most. Mostly renshaw, lucille, and bell but once in a while do play around in the dore. I love going to Revelstoke but the drive is pretty far, so we only go there once a year because of it

Glory Hills Guy

Reaction score
Let's hope for snow. I hope there is enough for you (and me) in 2 weeks time.

For all of us, and the sake of the sport, please stay out of the Dore Valley :nono:. It's a closed area (see S&M link below) for further information. Snowmobiling in these closed areas may jeapordize our ability to ride elsewhere.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f3/north-dore-23309.html

Have fun this winter!

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Let's hope for snow. I hope there is enough for you (and me) in 2 weeks time.

For all of us, and the sake of the sport, please stay out of the Dore Valley :nono:. It's a closed area (see S&M link below) for further information. Snowmobiling in these closed areas may jeapordize our ability to ride elsewhere.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f3/north-dore-23309.html

Have fun this winter!

Thanks for that, i wasn't aware that the dore was a closed area! We haven't been there for 2 years anyways but its still good to know.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have brochures at the shop that show what all area's are closed. Last year was first year it was closed and was used an information year and this year they said that they may verywell start handing out fines to people that are caught in a closed area. There will also be signs posted on dore river rd stating that it's a closed area. I had people come into the shop last year and i asked them were they rode that day and they said the dore, so i asked if they knew that it was a closed area and they said no. So i explained to they why it was closed and showed maps of the closed area, and guess where i saw them coming off the mtn from the next, the dore. So it's people like that that we can thank for losing that area probably for good now, had people respected the closure there was a good chance we could have got it back under a special management agreement but the ministry has now said that they will not revisit that area for any considerations for motorized winter use.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen,

I have overlayed all of the closure maps from the BC fish and wildlife site Fish and Wildlife - Environment - Province of British Columbia into Google Earth, and it only shows a small part of the Dore (North? Osalenka area) as being closed. Are these maps only showing the Caribou closures? What other types of closures are there? I have never been there before, but am wondering if there is another set of maps that I could find online showing the other closures. I have attached a screenshot of the overlay. I have been meaning to ask you and Barry about this, as I definitely would not want to be the cause of any more closures, and certainly don't want any fines. I also hear that there are a lot of avalanche runout areas to contend with in there.... I figured that you and Barry would be able to give more detail of the closures than what I have found. Thanks in advance.

Bell_Dore_Closures.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The area that you have shown in there is right on the closures. But the area that guys used to ride was the area that got closed. The main part between the highway and the closed area is mainly just the way to get into the main riding area, and you are correct that there is some ugly avalanche terrain to go thru to get into that area. You can see that they left a small corridor open on castle creek to get into the south dore. The downside to that is that it's a small area before you run into a park or the closed area. And you have to climb a "waterfall" to get in that way. Which can be not to bad at times and other times it can be ugly and it's about 40km trail in that doesn't ever see a groomer..

Top Bottom