not to sure

chris1982

Reaction score
Why would my 1996 artic cat cougar be using antifreeze as quick as i put it in? as well i can rev 8 grand and only get 30 mph hour can someone pls tell me what is wrong with my sled.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
water pump seal leaking underneath motor , clutch on motor needs to be checkout , not enough info

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a manual and start checking, sounds like engine trouble.

RTTTTed

Reaction score
O ring under head? Head cracked into combustion chamber?

2 cylinders running at 30mph - or 1 cylinder running?

Hose rotted and engine over heating? Broken heat exchanger?

Ted

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your waterpump is probably going and your coolant is running out the weep hole on the front of the motor, below the pipes on the right side as you stand in front looking into the engine. The coolant can splash up around and onto your belt, causing glazing and slippage.

If sled is smoking ALOT of white smoke, or you can smell antifreeze burning while it's running you have a head gasket issue.

After you fix the antifreeze issue, you will need to remove your belt, clean the sheaves, both primary and secondary, with soapy water and a scotchbrite pad, wipe dry and spray with a little brakecleen and dry then install NEW belt.
Go to the Arctic Cat site ARCTIC CAT - SNOWMOBILE HOMEPAGE scroll to the very bottom and you'll see parts look up. Type in your machine then engine and you'll see what and where the parts are you need.
Hope this helps :)

Top Bottom