Not shifting proper?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a few of us ripped around Cooking lake today. My 09 CrossFire 1000 seemed okay on the hard packed snow. but in the willows the RPM seemed very high, was screaming yet the speed was low. Thought at first belt, so went to check the belt, it seemed to have lots of slop, could pull it down and touch the belly with it, could make the centres touch while still on the clutches. Pulled it off the engine side was coming apart, all the stitching was gone. I put on my spare belt, and as soon as I went through the "deeper snow" in the willows again sled RPM's were screaming and speed was slow. The spare belt is brand new but for an 800, does that matter? just seemed like it was stuck in first. Could it be a diamond drive issue?

When I took the 800 for a rip, it reved hirer in the willows at first then was fine, so maybe its break in for a belt????

Any tips?

:Snowmobile1: :dunno::i_need_snow:

P.S. still too many rocks out there.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your belt is way to loose! You shouldn't be able to touch the belt together in the middle. Where dies it sit in the secondary? Bellow the top of the shiv or above it?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your belt is way to loose! You shouldn't be able to touch the belt together in the middle. Where dies it sit in the secondary? Bellow the top of the shiv or above it?

the old belt that could touch in the middle sat above the sheaves, the new belt also sits above the sheaves on the secondary, can not touch belt together but still appears loose, was wondering if it was belt break in why it was over reving?

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks wrong belt perhaps. Were your clutches staying dry? I have had snow coming in through my vents that got the clutches wet and as a result the belt was slipping?

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Secondary not backshifting properly? Seems weird that it does it in the pow and not on the hardpack, if it was a belt it should do it all the time no?

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the sled booked in at ASE. They are going to service the.clutch, check deflection.and alignment. Hopefully they find something simple.

Top Bottom