Not Happy need Reccommendation

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 2014 Chevy Tahoe, like the truck, but the factory remote starter has no range and no feed back to say it started.

First is there anything that can be done to improve the range???

Second reccommend a brand and an installer.....

Thanks......

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We normally use certified radio... But we used jb's on the west end for the wifes new car installation.... She purchased the type that works with a cell phone.. Controls everything and can be started from anywhere in the world that there is cell coverage :)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Don't go to certified. I took my Nissan in to get a deck and a remote start. First problem the deck didn't work properly. Half of the time it wouldn't turn on. And the sound went to chit. Had to wait 2 weeks to take it back in. They had used the wrong harness. Changed that out but still didn't work properly. Took it back again and they got it working almost 100% except if I don't turn my key to in and wait a few seconds before i start the truck the stereo doesn't come on.... But they tell me there is nothing they can do about that.

My remote starter also had to be fixed after a month or so due to a bad connection.

Had a bad experience with them 8 years ago or but decided to give them a second chance......

Won't happen again. I will buy equipment from them when they have their big
Blow out sales but I'll have someone else install

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can purchase range boosters. get ours through custom truck parts or audio obsession

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just use the on star app. Its free and the range is unlimited as long as you have data. No need to pay for a range extender.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like on phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418329212972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418329212972.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 303

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used Certified Radio for 15 years, and it was the best service and best parts. Problems dealt with fast and everything was great! Until about 4 years ago... Three vehicles later, tons of problems with each one, takes weeks to get back in, attitude is poor, sales guys are too busy, service guys won't come out to talk with you...

Looks like to too big too fast and customer service is in the ****ter.

I won't go back.

Last one installed at Visions and it was OK. Quality install, no problems.

Don't go to certified. I took my Nissan in to get a deck and a remote start. First problem the deck didn't work properly. Half of the time it wouldn't turn on. And the sound went to chit. Had to wait 2 weeks to take it back in. They had used the wrong harness. Changed that out but still didn't work properly. Took it back again and they got it working almost 100% except if I don't turn my key to in and wait a few seconds before i start the truck the stereo doesn't come on.... But they tell me there is nothing they can do about that.

My remote starter also had to be fixed after a month or so due to a bad connection.

Had a bad experience with them 8 years ago or but decided to give them a second chance......

Won't happen again. I will buy equipment from them when they have their big
Blow out sales but I'll have someone else install

K1500

Reaction score
Hold remote start under chin and open mouth while starting. No, this is not a joke even though it sounds like it. Give it a try and report back.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
checked with suppliers, factory range boosters pulled from market. apparently issues causing vehicles to mysteriously shut off.
On star app or put a two way in.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hold remote start under chin and open mouth while starting. No, this is not a joke even though it sounds like it. Give it a try and report back.

I have done this, it works. Not sure what long term effects might be however.......(on me not the truck).....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had on Star free for six months, used the app a couple times, it works well as long as you have a strong signal on your phone...

Just didnt see the value in paying $24.95 a month for the safe and sound package or $39.90 for the Directions & Connections package just so I could have the remote starter work the way after market starters do...

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The app is included for 5 years for free though on 2014's. No need to pay monthly. I had an accident in my 2013 and the OnStar was great to have as they dispatched emergency crews right away. They knew there was an accident and came on the phone right away. This is priceless if you were ever in a crash in a remote area. Will continue to pay the monthly fee after free trial is up as my families safety is well worth $25 a month.

Top Bottom