Not bad, you think it'll buff out with some wax.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, crazy man! The guys' descriptions didn't do it justice. I'm pretty eager to hear what the final bill is gonna be.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey the one bungy cord that holding the one lid closed was mine haddly....

how ya feeling????????????

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey the one bungy cord that holding the one lid closed was mine haddly....

how ya feeling????????????

Remind me about the bungy next time we get together, we can get it back to you.
Feeling better, I can move around ok now, still can't lie down in bed yet, have to sleep on the reclining loveseat, but much better overall.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remind me about the bungy next time we get together, we can get it back to you.
Feeling better, I can move around ok now, still can't lie down in bed yet, have to sleep on the reclining loveseat, but much better overall.

ya lol been there........ good to hear tho haddly

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds and looks like you had quite a bad wreck! It sucks when you can not get a good sleep when you are hurt that bad. When I broke ribs out sledding it took about 3 months before I could sleep properly. Hopefully you will heal up sooner! Did the doctors pin your clavicle? That can be one of the worst bones for healing if it is not set properly. Not trying to scare you, just do what your therapist and doctors tell you and you should heal up fine.

When did the doctors tell you to start rehab therapy? After I healed up enough to start therapy I started fixing up a few motorized toys to also help with my therapy. I found that at first all I coud do was tinker with a carb cleaning and rebuild but as I regained some strength and mobility I tackled some harder projects. I could not move more than 15 paces for the first 6 weeks so I got my son to bring me things to do. My wife was very supportive even when she saw pics (I cleaned up before she saw me doing this!) of me building some SBC heads on the kitchen table. I can assure you that I do not get away with that anymore though! So take advantage while you can! lol

Maybe you can straighten and strengthen the frame in your quad. My neighbour used to patch up some bad wrecks like yours with some strategic welds. Maybe you can figure out how to patch yours up. Lots of things are covered with gaurds or plastic and paint can hide a lot of "mods". lol You might be able to find a used quad and use yours for parts also.

Take care healing and good luck with your repairs!

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds and looks like you had quite a bad wreck! It sucks when you can not get a good sleep when you are hurt that bad. When I broke ribs out sledding it took about 3 months before I could sleep properly. Hopefully you will heal up sooner! Did the doctors pin your clavicle? That can be one of the worst bones for healing if it is not set properly. Not trying to scare you, just do what your therapist and doctors tell you and you should heal up fine.

When did the doctors tell you to start rehab therapy? After I healed up enough to start therapy I started fixing up a few motorized toys to also help with my therapy. I found that at first all I coud do was tinker with a carb cleaning and rebuild but as I regained some strength and mobility I tackled some harder projects. I could not move more than 15 paces for the first 6 weeks so I got my son to bring me things to do. My wife was very supportive even when she saw pics (I cleaned up before she saw me doing this!) of me building some SBC heads on the kitchen table. I can assure you that I do not get away with that anymore though! So take advantage while you can! lol

Maybe you can straighten and strengthen the frame in your quad. My neighbour used to patch up some bad wrecks like yours with some strategic welds. Maybe you can figure out how to patch yours up. Lots of things are covered with gaurds or plastic and paint can hide a lot of "mods". lol You might be able to find a used quad and use yours for parts also.

Take care healing and good luck with your repairs!

No pins in the collar bone or anything else, they say nowadays, they do nothing except pain meds and rest.
So i spend my days high on percocet pills (wishing i could have a beer).
So far they haven't said anything about rehab therapy at all (which is a little surprising), but i have been trying to move it around as much as i can without hurting it more, the hot tub seems to allow better movement.
Thanks for all the good wishes.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you get well soon. Debi (wife) got hurt on that spring ride last year. Thank goodness for STARS and the group we were riding with as she received such quick medical attention she is now recovered and back riding. (broken pelvis, 2 damaged discs in herback, tore both acl and detached pcl, and torn ligament in left elbow) Take the time and do what the Doc says and most of all be patient and we don't heal overnight anymore.

Greg

PS: (Time for a selfish plug) Watch for the STARS Red Ring for Life campain and see her smiling face on the poster.

Top Bottom