Nos

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Came with the sled so I don't know right off hand, actually it goes like stink when I used it in the grass drags last year but I overheated the motor (not enough down time between runs).
Blew it up a couple of times after that, it a "User Error" in this case.

lol.....because of motor issues or your gloves arent sticky enough?;):beer:

what system

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came with the sled so I don't know right off hand, actually it goes like stink when I used it in the grass drags last year but I overheated the motor (not enough down time between runs).
Blew it up a couple of times after that, it a "User Error" in this case.

The only thing that scares me about NOS is the bottle coming loose when you're rippin down a bumpy trail and all of a sudden a 1000 psi rocket takes your hood into the stratosphere!!!! :D LMAO!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now i fully understand why maxwells 600 would spank his 670. its all starting to make sense now that we know all the details. lol

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol

no

that was when i bought the sled lol. completely stock except can.

now i spank 800s instead:d
HEY maxwell , you sound quite knowledgable when it comes to NOS. so i have a question for you. can you use nos through all ranges , or just full throttle , also i run 210 jets straight across on a tripple at home , and 170s in the mountains . should i stay with the 210s with NOS in the hills :confused:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY maxwell , you sound quite knowledgable when it comes to NOS. so i have a question for you. can you use nos through all ranges , or just full throttle , also i run 210 jets straight across on a tripple at home , and 170s in the mountains . should i stay with the 210s with NOS in the hills :confused:

you can only use nitrous at full throttle....or damn close too. but in the mountains your always full throttle :D

that being said you can use it as soon as your rpm pegs. so having a good clutch setup that pegs fast means you can get on the button faster.

like in a drag race. i hit the throttle and about 1 seconds later or less im on the button to get out of the hole.

if you are not at full throttle and use it the machine will just bog.

as far as jetting.......

depends on what system you get/have. but usually you keep factory jetting so 170 for you in the mountains. unless you get a really old or new dry system you would want to run a higher jet. but why....just get a wet system.

if you want to be safe run a 180 across the board im not sure how your machine will run in the hills being a little rich.

and dont forget to add a small amount of good race fuel for safety.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can only use nitrous at full throttle....or damn close too. but in the mountains your always full throttle :D

that being said you can use it as soon as your rpm pegs. so having a good clutch setup that pegs fast means you can get on the button faster.

like in a drag race. i hit the throttle and about 1 seconds later or less im on the button to get out of the hole.

if you are not at full throttle and use it the machine will just bog.

as far as jetting.......

depends on what system you get/have. but usually you keep factory jetting so 170 for you in the mountains. unless you get a really old or new dry system you would want to run a higher jet. but why....just get a wet system.

if you want to be safe run a 180 across the board im not sure how your machine will run in the hills being a little rich.

and dont forget to add a small amount of good race fuel for safety.

thanx max .... my 94 xlt 600 lite weight mod spanks a lot of 700 twins at home and in the hills ......... so i was just wondering what a little NOS would do beside an 800:d:d thanx again

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting comments. do you use a wet system on EFI. might want to try the bottle on my 05 900 RMK. (yes I know dont say it, bad sled, but it has been great to me with orginal engine and 2 belts in 3000 miles.)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people get lucky with those sleds.

either way

yes you neeed a wet system. the differance with the efi sleds is they require a fuel control box. these are available from boondocker or boss with there systems.

the control box simply adds fuel on nitrous to the motor. there are baseline starting numbers but you will have to play with it to suite your needs.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I need to ask more questions lol. on my car I ran a system that one nozzel shot NOS and the other shot Gas. is this a wet system? if so why do you need to add a fuel controler to the EFI part of the sled since you are getting the air/fuel mixture you want. Im just confused! if I didnt run the extra gas nozzel then I would have to rely on the injectors to add more fuel with a fuel controler. but then is this a dry system?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I need to ask more questions lol. on my car I ran a system that one nozzel shot NOS and the other shot Gas. is this a wet system? if so why do you need to add a fuel controler to the EFI part of the sled since you are getting the air/fuel mixture you want. Im just confused! if I didnt run the extra gas nozzel then I would have to rely on the injectors to add more fuel with a fuel controler. but then is this a dry system?

The issue is really two-fold; 1) Can the motor recognize that it is getting NOS? and 2) If it can (O2 sensor), then will it have enough injector to compensate? with a few other issues thrown in the mix.

1) if the motor cannot recognize its getting NOS (no O2 sensor) then the injectors will not compensate for the adding O2 and boom! bye bye motor

2) Since you can really only inject NOS at full throttle, you can be limited by the injector's ability in the higher flows, usually you shouldn't inject more than 50% of the stock motor rated power (so if you have a 100 hp motor, your biggest NOS shot should be 50 hp - but this is a lot of NOS and would probably be harmful, most people are more conservative in the area of 30%). So if you are injecting a 25 HP shot of NOS on a 100 hp engine, asking the injectors (or pump or flow lines, etc etc) to flow 25% more than they are rated for at full throttle (without NOS) might be asking too much and you could risk damage.

Also, as some of the other issues, how would you program the injectors to flow 25% more (if you could get them to) exactly? Most fuel pressure regulators or systems will have a curve that is not linear, meaning that you would have to tailor the amount of NOS you were adding. A major tuning headache.

By adding the fuel jets to the NOS kit, the manufacturer is able to add the correct amount of fuel with the correct amount of NOS to keep the correct A/F ratio. This makes tuning it, wayyyy easier. Assuming the motor is running the correct A/F ratio before NOS, adding the right amount of NOS and fuel to keep it constant is the way to go, this is pretty much a fool proof system.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not all wet kits for EFI require a fuel control box. System is set up to add the extra fuel needed as soon as your on the switch.

Top Bottom